Tamiflu was approved for use in children under one

sas80

So, if there is any chance that your child was exposed, consider getting to your doctor and get a dose.

There is a two day window after people are symptomatic where tamiflu will help. Tamiflu will not cure the flu but it will lessen the impact of the event.

This is just an FYI for everyone.

I'm totally freaked because I have a 4 month old in daycare.

If there was ample supply for everyone I would have tried to do the same.. but would not want to take a dose for a healthy child and possibly leave a sick child without...

My advice would be to call your line and inquire.

X assured me they will have Tamiflu in childrens dosage levels on our cruise next week.

Spoke with 3 MDs who said that is all that matters (and to WASH WASH WASH our hands!) And.. my 2 YO has pulmonary problems.. so I was especially concerned.

Have a great cruise!

So, if there is any chance that your child was exposed, consider getting to your doctor and get a dose.

There is a two day window after people are symptomatic where tamiflu will help. Tamiflu will not cure the flu but it will lessen the impact of the event.

This is just an FYI for everyone.

I'm totally freaked because I have a 4 month old in daycare.

I have a 4mo old in daycare too! I went to the CDC website and got the dosing and info. Treatment for 15kg(30# and less) is 30mg twice a day and exposure prevention is 30mg once a day. It has to be given within 5 days of exposure for it to work. But just so you know, the toddler in Tx that died had underlying medical conditions to begin with so he was not a "normal" healthy toddler.

Archived