Attention: Sapper1 (???)

'The Bear'

Sapper1 --- I just read the Telegraph-Journal Report on the proposed new work in the Pugsley Wharf/Atlantic Sugar Refinery area. Is this in addition to the work that you had discussed in an earlier thread on CC ?

Regardless, it's still great news for the 'Port City'. By the way I was surprised that Saint John was the fourth busiest Canadian cruise ship port behind Vancouver, Victoria, and Halifax ---- I was always under the impression that Quebec City and Montreal would have more cruise traffic !!

The progress in this area, by the city of Saint John, in the last dozen years, is truly impressive!

Gord

Sapper1 --- I just read the Telegraph-Journal Report on the proposed new work in the Pugsley Wharf/Atlantic Sugar Refinery area. Is this in addition to the work that you had discussed in an earlier thread on CC ?

Regardless' date=' it's still great news for the 'Port City'. By the way I was surprised that Saint John was the fourth busiest Canadian cruise ship port behind Vancouver, Victoria, and Halifax ---- I was always under the impression that Quebec City and Montreal would have more cruise traffic !!

The progress in this area, by the city of Saint John, in the last dozen years, is truly impressive!

Gord[/quote']

Yes---I read that this morning as well. Upgrades to the tune of 42 million dollars and it is in addition to the new Pugsley Terminal. I guess the cruiseships are here to stay. It is wonderful news for the port.

I think the reason Montreal doesn't have as much cruise traffic is because the huge ships can't get under the bridge in Quebec City----read that somewhere on CC a while back. The Maasdam goes there because it is smaller.

Here is a link to the local news item

http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/front/article/651868

That's Great !!

That's the way that I read the article ----- in addition to the new Pugsley Wharf project.

I believe that you are correct about Montreal port constraints.

By the way, Quebec City has recently announced a cost sharing initiative to upgrade their port So it indeed looks like the whole Eastern Canada cruise scene is here to stay ---- That just can't be bad for we Maritimers !! :)

Archived