Kauai "Movie Tour"

emmilu

I have it booked for the first week in January. It sounds intriguing and many of the guide books recommend the tour. However, I don't expect to see much as Kaui has a rule that the film makers have to return the lands to the way they were before leaving. Thus, none of the sets or props will be there. If you search a bit back, you'll find a review on a private website where the cruiser mentions taking the tour.

We did this tour in Sept. while on our NCL Wind cruise. We thoroughly enjoyed it. I booked over the phone before our cruise, and they assured us that we would not be charged if for some reason the ship was unable to make it into port. They picked us up at the pier right on time, we stopped at a couple of hotels to pick up other passengers and then went to their office to switch to another van. The van has monitors and they show a clip of the movie or TV sight you about to pass by or stop and visit. Our guide, Marty, was great. The guide's "scripts" include some really silly jokes...but it just added to the mood of the day. The sights visited were very pretty and offered great photo ops. We stopped at a beautiful beachside park for a great lunch (included)....just a really nice day.

They do hand out song sheets....and you get to "follow the bouncing ball" on the video monitor to sing along. I figured I would never see any of these people again....and joined right in!!

My husband loved visiting the Coco Palms hotel....a bit of Elvis history. I enjoyed seeing the beautiful homes of the rich and famous.

This tour is a bit pricey...but we thought we got a great tour of some of the most beautiful spots on the island...and we would do it again.

I did this tour in July and like Kapoho said, they picked up at the pier on time and there was no problem with any of the transportation. The one thing that surprised me was that once we got to their office, we had to pay. I had given my credit card when I booked over the phone and I figured that I had already been charged, but apparently they don't charge until they have you there. Keep that in mind when doing your budget. I had a great time seeing the beautiful sights. We went places that I never would have seen otherwise. The guide was silly as she was supposed to be and we got to see clips of the movies and yes, sing along to South Pacific. I too enjoyed the Coco Palms, not necessarily because of Elvis (He was before my time) but because of the history and Fantasy Island (a childhood favorite). It was a great tour and one I highly recommend. Enjoy your trip!

We did it too. We did the 4x4 version which is different from the primary tour. We had a great time as it was interesting to see the various places. It was amazing just how many things had actually been filmed there.

You can see it in my review too.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked this tour but could not get the 4x4 because the ship (Island Princess) docks too late. BUT she said if 10 people sign up for the 4x4 they would do a special pickup.

We are on the Island Princess round trip Hawaii cruise departing San Pedro on January 4. We get to Kauai on January 12, a Wednesday.

Have a look and see if you would be interested!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived