Bermuda Beach with Bar facilities

kapeaccruiser

The beach at the dockyard where some ships dock is right near Snorkel Park. Some people will say it isn't the prettiest beach there and it is manmade. But, there is a bar/restaurant right at the back of the beach. It's called Hammerheads. You can sit on the stools and look at the beach. You can watch people swimming and snorkeling or watch the kids playing and swimming. I swam there for an hour everyday we were docked at the Dockyard last summer. I really enjoyed it. There is also a bar kind of on the way back to the ship. it's called Frog and Onion. Have fun.:D

Beach bars are not the norm in Bermuda. There are 2 places that have a snack bar and sell beer. People have been known to go to Elbow beach and order drinks at the beach resort that is next to the public beach. The resort does not sell day passes. Have not been there but 9 Beaches may have a bar.

http://www.9beaches.com/

I recall a beach bar and some other facilities at the beach near St Catherines fort at St. Georges. Does anyone know about this?

I recall a beach bar and some other facilities at the beach near St Catherines fort at St. Georges. Does anyone know about this?

I think that I read that that beach bar has closed...

I think that I read that that beach bar has closed...

Yes, positively closed. Too bad because now the beach has not been maintained, it was not cleaned up of all the seaweed that had washed ashore. It was a nice alternative to Tobacco Bay as a close beach to St. George. People were still there but now there are no facilities at all.:(

Is the beach at St Catherines still opened? I really love that beach since it was very calm....the waters at Horseshoe bay can be rough some times...Any one knows the easiest route to St Catherines from West End...I am thinking taking the ferry to St Geroge and then a cab...if it is a long walk

St. Catherines was open last year but like I posted, not maintained, no snack bar and no restrooms.

Ferry over to St. George is your best bet. It's about a 15-20 minute walk mostly uphill but still a nice scenic walk. There are shuttles and cabs available....share a cab, split the fare and save.

You'll have to ask again after the first couple of cruises come back to see if there's any change from last year.

Maybe I had the wrong beach because when I was there in September 2007, the beach was beautiful, there were lounge chairs and umbrellas to rent and I thought there was a snack bar but I coudl be wrong...I know thw water was much calmer thatn at Horsehoe bay

Maybe I had the wrong beach because when I was there in September 2007, the beach was beautiful, there were lounge chairs and umbrellas to rent and I thought there was a snack bar but I coudl be wrong...I know thw water was much calmer thatn at Horsehoe bay

I don't think you had the wrong beach. The snack bar at St. Catherine was open in '07 but closed before the start of last season. Not sure if it was directly related to the implosion of the old Club Med but there is not a water source now after the implosion. Who knows if and when another concession may open there.

It may be possible the alledged developer of the Club Med site wanted that beach included with his "development"....conjecture on my part.:p Seems he says he has financing.....by word of mouth :rolleyes:...but nothing in writing and no construction has started..

We went April 2008 on NCL Dawn and spent a day at Horseshoe Bay Beach - they have a bathroom-changing facility, drinks and snacks, also sell beer and Rum Swizzlers for around $6.00 - very delicious ! They also rent chairs and umbrellas - but I have to say - the rentals were pretty worn out. But that didn't really matter much. We had a very nice time there. Looking forward to going back NCL Spirit out of Boston on May 22nd !!!

I don't think you had the wrong beach. The snack bar at St. Catherine was open in '07 but closed before the start of last season. Not sure if it was directly related to the implosion of the old Club Med but there is not a water source now after the implosion. Who knows if and when another concession may open there.

It may be possible the alledged developer of the Club Med site wanted that beach included with his "development"....conjecture on my part.:p Seems he says he has financing.....by word of mouth :rolleyes:...but nothing in writing and no construction has started..

Very sorry to hear about the St. Catherines beach. We are not booked to go back to Bermuda until July 2010 and I hope that that beach will be in shape by then. I enjoy the walk from St. Georges to the beach. It's a bit of a hike but a very nice walk through town and beyond.

Archived