Any price drops for AK cruise tours for July?

DaisyL

Has the price dropped for AK cruise tour packages for this July? My friends are booked and asked me to help them find out. Their final payment is due next week and when we've cruised as a group in the past, and it's been my 'job' to check for price drops. (Really, I enjoy it, that's why I'm the CC contact too)

I checked the Princess site and 'pretended' to book their cruise to get a current rate and will give them the print-out to compare. I know Alaska cruise rates have been dropping but what about for the cruise tour packages?

I would appreciate any help... thanks

Can you be a bit more specific on the cruisetour? If you go to Princess's site and choose Alaska cruisetours for July there are 440 of them listed.

We're booked for a 12 day Classic Alaska tour leaving Fairbanks starting on July 20 and the price has not changed at all since we booked in January. Plus, the cruisetour is waitlisted. The cruise itself has most categories of cabins wide open for availability but the cruisetour prices, at least for our category hasn't changed. I looked at all the 12 day Classic Alaska cruisetours listed and the prices look like they probably haven't changed at all. However, without specifics, it's hard to tell.

Now the cruise portion, those have dropped a by about $200 since January. I haven't called our TA to see if can book a higher cabin category. We booked a guarantee in what we're okay with so any upgrade will just be a "bonus" for us.

We're on the 15 night cruisetour starting in Fairbanks Sept. 6th and although the cruise portion has dropped quite a bit, the entire cruise tour price did not. I've spoken to Princess about this several times and my logic doesn't prevail. It is logical that if cruise portion goes down, some of the entire tour price should go down. However, since entire tour has been waitlisted forever, I doubt we'll be seeing any changes. If/when fares go down, you know it will be after final payment when it's too late to reap the benefits.

Thank you all for responding so promptly. I spoke to my friends and their cruise tour is posting app. $200 more than what they paid.

I'll pass on the info about tours being waitlisted and the repsonses from Princess about the cruise portion prices actually going down.

Thanks,

Archived