Price Drop--Please Respond!

Hi, I am booked on the Imagination May 18 and the price has dropped by $69 per person on Carnival's website. What are my options on requesting OBC for the refund amount or will they do this? Even though it is probably because of the flu, I hope they would still uphold a policy on this matter. Thanks!

I hope they would still uphold a policy on this matter

The policy is, no OBC for any price drops after final payment date, unless you are booked under Early Saver.

The policy is, no OBC for any price drops after final payment date, unless you are booked under Early Saver.

the "new" policy of no OBC for price drops (except early saver) started 12/1/08.

If you cant get OBC, if there is a higher priced cabin that now matches what you paid, they will allow you to upgrade to that cabin. You may have to call in twice, but they should give it to you, if there is such a cabin and its available.

the WHY doesn't matter. If you're booked Early Saver you should submit the Price Adjustment Request form (if you booked with Carnival) or have your TA do so if you booked via TA. If you're not booked Early Saver then you cannot get a price adjustment as your after the Final Payment Deadline, but you can call to see if they'll give you an upgrade. ken

We could not get the OBC either for the fare decrease. We did get an upgrade, though. It's too bad, because Carnival is offering $50 OBC with a promo now, and I can't access that either. Oh, well.

Hi, I am booked on the Imagination May 18 and the price has dropped by $69 per person on Carnival's website. What are my options on requesting OBC for the refund amount or will they do this? Even though it is probably because of the flu, I hope they would still uphold a policy on this matter. Thanks!

Their policy changed as of 12/01/08. Unless you have booked the Early Saver rate, you won't get the reduced rate. They stopped doing OBC and reductions after final payment. With Early Saver, you can get reduction credit up to 2 days prior to the cruise.

my price dropped $160.00...I called and they are sending me a check in the mail. going to use it for excursions...

Are you before final payment?? Thats the only reason I can think of they would issue the refund like that.

Are you before final payment?? Thats the only reason I can think of they would issue the refund like that.

According to the posters signature, their cruise isn't until late July, so they should be just before final payment due date, must have already paid it off however.

Archived