cruisinmama - potty seat question

Kat2569

Another question for cruisinmama - we are leaving for our cruise on Monday on the Freedom of the seas. We are booked in a juinor suite with our 2 1/2 year old son. He is fully potty trained but still uses his potty seats. Do you or anyone else know if the baby bjorn potty seats for the toilet fit the toilets on the cruise ships?

I am planning on taking either the potty seat for the toilet or the smaller baby bjorn potty. I just want to make sure we are not running into any major problems with him.

I would appreciate any information about this. I can not for the life of me remember what the toilets where like on the Mariner and Explorer ( not a big surprise I guess lol)

Thank you,

Katrin

Another question for cruisinmama - we are leaving for our cruise on Monday on the Freedom of the seas. We are booked in a juinor suite with our 2 1/2 year old son. He is fully potty trained but still uses his potty seats. Do you or anyone else know if the baby bjorn potty seats for the toilet fit the toilets on the cruise ships?

I am planning on taking either the potty seat for the toilet or the smaller baby bjorn potty. I just want to make sure we are not running into any major problems with him.

I would appreciate any information about this. I can not for the life of me remember what the toilets where like on the Mariner and Explorer ( not a big surprise I guess lol)

Thank you,

Katrin

I just checked with my grilfriend. We all sailed on the Voyager last April. She brought a potty seat for her 3 year old. She said it worked out perfectly. Theirs was a typical potty seat that you can purchase in Wal Mart. You can compare that to the dimensions of your Bjorn.

This is good news for us as we are booked on the Freedom in Sept and will probably need to bring one for our son. I hadn't even thought about doing this (but it makes great sense) so I am really glad that you asked. :)

I would have never thought about taking a picture of the toilet, but I am so glad you did lol! Looks like our seat should fit just fine, but I will update once we get back from our cruise next Sunday. I may even take a picture with the potty seat on it lol ;)

Thank you again!

I would have never thought about taking a picture of the toilet, but I am so glad you did lol! Looks like our seat should fit just fine, but I will update once we get back from our cruise next Sunday. I may even take a picture with the potty seat on it lol ;)

Thank you again!

My only regret is that I didn't take the pic with the toilet lid UP....lol. Then you could see the size of that. ;) Next time :D

Oh and I think I took a picture of every inch of that cabin - even the back of the TV for hookups of gaming systems and DVD players...lol.

Oh. My. Word.

Honestly -- I thought when I read the original post -- how on earth is Michele going to know about the toilets? I know she thinks of everything, but the toilets, too? And so then I scroll down and not only does Michele answer the toilet question, but she provides a picture!!!

AMAZING!! :)

Oh. My. Word.

Honestly -- I thought when I read the original post -- how on earth is Michele going to know about the toilets? I know she thinks of everything, but the toilets, too? And so then I scroll down and not only does Michele answer the toilet question, but she provides a picture!!!

AMAZING!! :)

HAHAHAHAHAHA, now just don't ask me how do do my 3rd graders math homework. THAT has me stumped. :D;)

MIchelle,

YOu make me feel so much better. My DD has always thought I was the only person who would take a picture of a cabin toilet. I have a pic of a Grand Suite's toilet on Freedom but the lid is also closed.

MIchelle,

YOu make me feel so much better. My DD has always thought I was the only person who would take a picture of a cabin toilet. I have a pic of a Grand Suite's toilet on Freedom but the lid is also closed.

Oh good, then I am not the only one. :D:D:D

HAHAHAHAHAHA, now just don't ask me how do do my 3rd graders math homework. THAT has me stumped. :D;)

Ha ha -- I'm a math teacher--- with all the information you've provided me about making cruising with kids easier--I'd give you free tutoring anytime!!

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone tell me how to post a picture on here? Since Michele was so nice to post the picture of the toilet, I wanted to add one more picture to this collection. We just got back from the Freedom and I took a picture of our Junior Suite toilet, lid open with a potty seat on top. I know I know.....but it may be helpful to someone out there.

Can someone tell me how to post a picture on here? Since Michele was so nice to post the picture of the toilet, I wanted to add one more picture to this collection. We just got back from the Freedom and I took a picture of our Junior Suite toilet, lid open with a potty seat on top. I know I know.....but it may be helpful to someone out there.

Oh no, it's contageous. :eek: There is a whole group of us out there taking pictures of the toilet seats. :p:p:p

To post a picture, the easiest way is to host it some place so...

--Go to www.photobucket.com and register for free

--upload the pictures, yes you can set your album to private so we would only see the ones you posted here

--under each uploaded photo is an IMG code, it looks something like www.photobucket.wordswordswords

--copy/paste that IMG code here

--you can click "preview post" to see if it submitted correctly.

It sounds like alot, but after you've uploaded the pictures, they can stayed stored there. It gets easier to do each time.

I will give this a try later on. Thank you for the info. I had a good laugh though while I was taking the toilet picture. I think I was thinking of your picture lol. Will try to post later.

• 8 months later...

I don't know if the toilet seats are somewhat standardized across different ships/cruise lines... but we took the bjorn potty seat on X (Constellation) and it fit perfectly. I did not take a photo of the toilet but it looks the same as what cruisinmama posted. We have this seat:

http://www.amazon.com/BABYBJ%C3%96RN-Toilet-Trainer-White-Black/dp/B0009PAN7Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1264718743&sr=8-1

The adjustable dial on the back did its thing and it stayed in place very well.

Archived