Nassau Review- April 25

cruiseapril

We were in Nassau last Saturday, April 25. The Carnival Fascination docked early- it was quite windy and cloudy, so we took a van cab for $5 pp over to Atlantis to enjoy the gardens and atmosphere.

We had spent a day at Atlantis & it's beach before, but wanted to see some of the things we missed, including Marina Village. As we ambled around enjoying the flowers, the sun broke through- so we took a cab back to the pier. ($20 for 3 of us.)

We packed up our beach clothes and took another van cab ($5 pp) to the Wyndham/Sheraton Cable Beach Resort where we bought a day pass at the Wyndham desk for $40 pp, including the lunch buffet. As it was near noon, we went to the buffet at the Seaside. They had a large salad bar which included asparagus vinagrette (not common), hot dishes such as chicken and beef and rice, Italian food, hot dogs and hamburgers, iced tea and sodas, and good desserts such as cheesecake.

After this delicious buffet, we went over to the Sheraton next door, changed into our bathing suits, got towels at the towel hut, set up on some loungers (there were plenty), and explored the pool areas of the hotel. We waded in the ocean from the clean, long strip of beach- the water was cool as it was still windy- so we just waded.

Although it was windy, the sun was hot, so we had a good beach/pool day and then went in to the Sheraton to the Latte Bar for some refreshments before catching the #10 Jitney Bus right outside for the $1.25 ride back to the pier. (About 4 miles.)

We enjoyed the Sheraton so much that we would like to spend more time there-very nice resort.

We've been to Nassau many times- enjoy this port. Any questions?

We will be visiting Nassau on Sunday May 31st as part of our three day cruise on RCI Majesty of the Seas. After reading many reviews we will be doing the Wyndham/Sheraton Cable Beach day pass w/lunch included.

Is there any particular reason why you decided to do the beach & pool at Sheraton & not Wyndham?

Dana

Hi everyone,

I will be on the 4 day Sensation on July 2nd. We will be in Nassau overnight. We want to go snorkling. Does anyone know of a great drift snorkling tour? Also we read about Harbour Island and its pink sand. We heard that there is a ferry to get there but I have not found any pricing information or who to contact. Thank you for any infromation you might be able to help me. Happy Sailing !!!!

lipz- The Wyndham has a lagoon swimming area and the Sheraton has a very nice beach. Also, the pools and facilities at the Sheraton were very nice. The two hotels are one resort and right next to each other, so you can do both. Have a great cruise.

madepaz- You might want to post that question separately for Scubagirl. That sounds like a good excursion if it isn't too far away.

Hi everyone,

I will be on the 4 day Sensation on July 2nd. We will be in Nassau overnight. We want to go snorkling. Does anyone know of a great drift snorkling tour? Also we read about Harbour Island and its pink sand. We heard that there is a ferry to get there but I have not found any pricing information or who to contact. Thank you for any infromation you might be able to help me. Happy Sailing !!!!

harbout island is a quaint little island about 100 miles away.. and 2.5 hours by ferry. There is a day trip.. but it's an ALL DAY Trip.. the boat leaves promptly at 8am.. and returns around 7pm ish.

If you ever get the chance ... I highly recommend it.

http://www.bahamasferries.com (day away or bo hengy tours).

No drift snorkeling around nassau..

http://travel.webshots.com/album/562549801Kivdtc

2039628490088662436S425x425Q85.jpg

lipz- The Wyndham has a lagoon swimming area and the Sheraton has a very nice beach. Also, the pools and facilities at the Sheraton were very nice. The two hotels are one resort and right next to each other, so you can do both. Have a great cruise.

madepaz- You might want to post that question separately for Scubagirl. That sounds like a good excursion if it isn't too far away.

Ohhhh, that's good to know!

Thanks so much and we will check out both. :D

Dana

Hi

I was wondering if it is better to take shore excursion through Carnival or just get off ship and find our own taxi?

Will be six people (4 adult & 2 pre-teen).

My husband has MS and can only walk short distances, so we would like a tour that will take us to highlights, with maybe some stops.

Which is the best way to do something like this.

From the pier, how would I get to the Sheraton? I'm guessing we would need to take a taxi. If so, how far would we need to walk to get a taxi and where would this location be??

Another question...does the $40 cover the cost of snorkeling and kayaking? In reading the Sheraton website, there are no parasailing activities listed. Is this correct?

Thanks so much!

From the pier, we walked right to the front of Festival Place and asked for a van cab for $5 pp to the Wyndham. They drop you there and you get your day pass at the Wyndham desk, if you want the $40 pass with lunch. The you get a plastic bracelet and can use the Wyndham and Sheraton facilities. We got towels at the Sheraton towel hut.

When we were at the Sheraton on April 25, there were kayaks and water bikes available with the pass. I think they have snorkel gear too.

Don't know about parasailing- Scubagirl will.

Hi

I was wondering if it is better to take shore excursion through Carnival or just get off ship and find our own taxi?

Will be six people (4 adult & 2 pre-teen).

My husband has MS and can only walk short distances, so we would like a tour that will take us to highlights, with maybe some stops.

Which is the best way to do something like this.

Might be cheaper to find your

own tour cab driver....

When you get off the Ship and start

walking into town there will

be cab drivers everywhere.....

Just tell them what you want...

HAPPY CRUISING......

Archived