No Lifevests required at Muster Drill

The captain told us at the Diamond+, Diamond, Platinum reception that this concept will be going fleet wide once they iron out a few kinks. Not sure what kinks have to be ironed out, either you have a life vest or not. Your Muster station is now in large numbers in the middle right of your seapass.

Hi Liz, (Elizanessie)

Won't be long now until the Oasis, we can't wait!!!! BTW, I keep cheering for Inverness Caley and hope they don't get relegated.

Cheers,

The captain told us at the Diamond+, Diamond, Platinum reception that this concept will be going fleet wide once they iron out a few kinks. Not sure what kinks have to be ironed out, either you have a life vest or not. Your Muster station is now in large numbers in the middle right of your seapass.

Hi Liz, (Elizanessie)

Won't be long now until the Oasis, we can't wait!!!! BTW, I keep cheering for Inverness Caley and hope they don't get relegated.

Cheers,

Thanks for this info George with regard to the lifevests.

See you in just over 200 days :D

Would be shame to see Caley relegated :(

I'm with those that think the vest drill is necessary. But in thinking back would I remember where my muster station was? We spend 2/3 of the day away from our cabin. Why not put our muster station on the SeaPass?[/quote]

They do! Right side middle.

Thanks, I never put that number to be our muster station. You can teach an old dog new tricks. ;)

Muster drills procedures are unique to each ship.

Our first cruise was on the SS Universe - a 2-week cruise: Vancouver to Anchorage to Vancouver. That ship was the "Semester at Sea" ship. The Captain took Muster drills very seriously. Passengers were absolutely silent. The Captain came around and personally inspected each passenger in their life vest. One week, they lowered the lifeboats and motored them around. One female passenger nearly had a heart attack as she thought that she would have to actually climb into the lifeboat. The second week, they got out the fire hoses and practiced. I really felt safe on that ship.

Our next cruise was with Costa. You can imagine our shock as other passengers were drinking, laughing, ignoring the crew, and playing around during the muster drill. Other ships have been somewhere in between.

I am not sure that the TV would get the message across. I am a teacher. Some people are not visual learners. They actually have to put the vest on (with assistance) inorder to figure it out. In a real emergency, what would happen?

Your don't need to see your feet to walk!

I most certainly do going down on stairs and I am not disabled in any way. Three weeks ago (FOS) I did not put my vest on until I got to my muster station.

It's been 2 years since my last cruise on another line but I was shocked that no attendance was taken. No one even came to talk to us.

I most certainly do going down on stairs and I am not disabled in any way. Three weeks ago (FOS) I did not put my vest on until I got to my muster station.

It's been 2 years since my last cruise on another line but I was shocked that no attendance was taken. No one even came to talk to us.

If an emergency does happen, they will wish they went

Thelifevest has your cabin number on it. On our last FOS cruise, Feb, I saw the station monitor checking off the numbers on his clipboard. So they DO take attendance.

Muster drills procedures are unique to each ship.

Our first cruise was on the SS Universe - a 2-week cruise: Vancouver to Anchorage to Vancouver. That ship was the "Semester at Sea" ship. The Captain took Muster drills very seriously. Passengers were absolutely silent. The Captain came around and personally inspected each passenger in their life vest. One week, they lowered the lifeboats and motored them around. One female passenger nearly had a heart attack as she thought that she would have to actually climb into the lifeboat. The second week, they got out the fire hoses and practiced. I really felt safe on that ship.

Our next cruise was with Costa. You can imagine our shock as other passengers were drinking, laughing, ignoring the crew, and playing around during the muster drill. Other ships have been somewhere in between.

I am not sure that the TV would get the message across. I am a teacher. Some people are not visual learners. They actually have to put the vest on (with assistance) inorder to figure it out. In a real emergency, what would happen?

In a real emergency you report to the closest lifeboat and get the heck off the ship! each lifeboat has life jackets.

I am guessing you are a guy. For the rest of us that have boobs, it is very difficult to wear a life jacket and see down to where the stairs are when you are trying to get to your muster station. Especially with a minor mobility issue. I would be fine, if they would allow us to carry them (straps up) to the muster station and then put them on. It is very difficult for some of us to wear them and walk, without being able to see your feet. :rolleyes: I don't mind it, and we always go of course....but lifejackets are designed for the water, not for walking on a dry ship. Why can't we all put them on when we get to our stations?

How Sexist !!!

Some Men have Boobs too !!!

Yesterday on the Majesty of the Seas we conducted a muster drill without having to bring our lifevests up with us. The captain said it was the first drill on RCL to happen this way. Maybe the rest of the fleet is following this idea.

Cheers,

Wonder if that has anything to do with the Swine Flu. I know I always wipe down the entire jacket with sanitizer when I cruise.

Yesterday on the Majesty of the Seas we conducted a muster drill without having to bring our lifevests up with us. The captain said it was the first drill on RCL to happen this way. Maybe the rest of the fleet is following this idea.

Cheers,

Would be nice to not have to come and go from the room.;)

Archived