cruise price reductions??

Hello All, I pulled this post from another forum. Do you call for price updates, do you check a certain site?? I remember we got a check from RCI after our last cruise. Not sure what we did to get $$ back though? It was a 7 day and the check was pretty nice. We are on the Monarch of the Seas 4/23/09. Two cabins the kids are coming too. A little $$ back is always nice. We originally booked this in January. Thanks for any info. Peace Karla

"The pools were too cold to swim in except for one hot day, when it may have felt refreshing. I think that I'll stick to my Sept cruises and not do any more spring ones. The inside cabin for me was $282 total and in Sept it is $266 total. Others had same rate with better cabin, so I learned the trick was to keep an eye on the price changes HOURLY up until you leave on the cruise. NOTED."

We check RCCL's website for price changes (by starting the booking procedure) and call if we find a price drop that's not a Tuesday special (which are about the only times they hold fast to the "new bookings only" fine print). You can call RCCL directly if you booked with them directly, otherwise you have to go through your travel agent.

Right now I'm using changedetection.com to help me know when to look - I navigated to the page where they show the particular ship and date (because it has the lowest prices for each category of cabin shown in two places on the page), copied the address of that page, and used that as the input to changedetection. I get an e-mail every day, because the website does change every day (there's a date embedded in it) but learned very quickly how to read the change page it sends me to (the changes are highlighted, and if it's not a price change, I don't bother clicking through to the RCCL site).

I've never heard of getting money back AFTER the cruise, but we've taken advantage of price drops after final payment. On our Feb 07 Jewel cruise, we got three drops in January! On our upcoming cruise, there was enough of a price drop to induce us to move from our junior suite to a grand suite!

Archived