Not cruise related but fashion related

Ta421sBtrHalf

I just bought tickets to see Dennis Deyoung (the original lead singer of Styx) in April and I have no idea what to wear. I know what to wear to rock concerts and I know what to wear to symphonies but what in the world to you wear to a rock symphony? I have plenty of time to buy something if I have to , but I am just wondering what DH and I should wear.

Ah, good question. The venue really is what I use to determine the wardrobe.

If it's a stadium or arena type place, I go a little more casual. Nice dressy jeans, spikey shoes (boots or sandals depending on weather), silk camisole and short, fitted jacket.

If it's more of a symphoney hall or theater type of venue,I've worn a pant-suit to some of them. I go with the dark suit and silk blouse (or I have one that is low cut but wear-able without a blouse).

For you DH, he would be able to use the same concept. Stadium - jeans, nice button up shirt or golf shirt, jacket optional. Symphony - Slacks and sports jacket, or suit.

Just my opinions though

So dressy it is since it will be at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts. I feel like someone needs to stick a post-it with idiot written on it on my forehead, because if I had really thought about it I would have figured out the proper dress. I can hear DH now though, "what do you mean I have to wear a sport jacket and slacks! Last time I saw Styx I wore a Pink Floyd t-shirt and acid washed jeans". Oh, to be young again.

Archived