come on carnival, i want another update!

Ok less than 2weeks togo and I don't know were I'm going. We got 30plus people going in my group and we need to make new excursions. Change fligts, car rentals, time at work and so on. I spent over a year planing for stops, and now I'm going in blind folded.I know this is not carnivals fault and I'm glad they are changing things around, but I just want to know! When are we gonna hear the new stuff???

I understand your situation and I'm sure that it's frustrating but you still have two weeks. That's a ton of time to research excursions, etc.

Many people have had to do it on the fly... happens every year during hurricane season....

If your ship already has published itinerary changes one might reasonably expect that your cruise would be the same...

Best of luck...

:)

When are we gonna hear the new stuff???
Realistically I expect all the cruiselines to hold off future announcements until a week or less before the cruise. If this pandemic never materializes (and current data suggests it may not, having already showed signs of slowing in Mexico) and the travel advisements are lifted, you may just end up on your original cruise anyway. It can go away just as fast as it came on.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/03/officials-encouraging-signs-swine-flu-urge-precautions/

Things are changing so fast with this flu thing, I think the cruiselines are probably waiting to see what happens in the next week or so. As cherylandtk said, the hype is kind of dying down now, and things are not as bad as originally feared. You might get to go to Mexico after all.

Good luck! :)

Things are changing so fast with this flu thing, I think the cruiselines are probably waiting to see what happens in the next week or so. As cherylandtk said, the hype is kind of dying down now, and things are not as bad as originally feared. You might get to go to Mexico after all.

Good luck! :)

These are my thoughts exactly. I think that Carnival is trying to wait and see what happens before making any more changes. I know that they probably don't want to be seen as jumping the gun if nothing really comes to pass with this swine flu outbreak. I know that the May 11th sailing of our cruise (we sail on the 17th) has had its itinerary changed to avoid Mexico but so far, haven't seen anything affecting our cruise (yet). I would try and have some contingency plans in place "just in case". :)

Archived