Looking For "High Pockets" Day Sail Reviews

cruzfvr

We sailed on "High Pockets" on New Years of 04 while on the Grand Princess. Capt Kathleen was WONDERFUL. My wife, daughter (11) and I were joined by a newlywed couple staying at Frenchmen's Reef. It was a GREAT sail day.

Met her at the flag pole at the American Yacht Club in Red Hook (not at the Ferry dropoff). Take a little dingy out to the boat. Sailed out into the bay area, then because of the wind, went to Christmas Island. Anchored close to shore, went snorkleing while she prepared lunch. Saw an eagle ray, turtle, couple of starfish and tons of small fish.

Had a fabulous warm pasta salad (asked for the receipe and she gave). Then had a rum cake desert that was out of this world (again, got the receipe). Sailed to another anchor spot on Christmas Island. Then sailed back into Red Hook. She let by daughter sail her quite a bit, while DW and I sat up front and relaxed. The other couple were very nice, plenty of room to move around, so never felt crowded (it is a sailboat however, not a cruise ship).

FYI - she had a first mate (her husband was busy with another boat that day) and I did not know about tipping the mate. I scrounged up what cash I had, but needed some for the taxi also. Wish I could have tipped more.

If you sail with her, say hello from the Judson's in Atlanta

Tiki

Archived