Flying in to Palm Beach

Lorabele

We're trying to decide the best flight for our end of Feb cruise. Our local airport actually has the best rates if we fly into Palm Beach. Has anyone done that? Pros and cons versus flying in to FLL? How would we get from PB to FLL.....will that cost a fortune?

Thanks in advance to all of you well traveled friends!

I have flown into Palm Beach a few times and it is a very nice, rather small airport. I do not know how much a car service would be from PBI to the cruise ship terminal but depending on Traffic (it's a clear shot on I-95) it can take anywhere form 35 minutes (in a perfect world) or over an hour. The traffic can be bad on I-95 and they are doing a lot of construction on I-95 in Palm Beach.

Good news is that on the return you won't be arriving at Fort Lauderdale airport with 1,000 other passengers trying to check in at the same time:cool:.

I live halfway between Palm Beach and Ft. Lauderdale. It will take about 40 minutes to drive from one place to another. It would be a very expensive cab ride. I usually take a car service to one airport or the other - each is about $40. FIgure you could get one for about $45-50 each way. Most car services will charge about $10 extra for picking you up at the pier as there is waiting time involved. The Ft. Lauderdale airport is about 10 minutes from the pier and costs less than $10 for a taxi. It would only be worth it if the savings in airfare were at least $100 and then you have to decide if you want the extra hassle. Of course, the area between the two airports are lovely and if you want to spend some extra time afterwards, there are great resorts along the coast. Then I would just rent a car at the pier and return it at the airport when it is time to fly home.

Archived