Key West trolly tour

Is the trolly tour in Key West wheelchair accessible? If it is, would that be the best way for me to get around or is it just as easy to walk? I will be with an abled body who will be pushing me.

Thanks,

Pokey

As I recall I had to climb up into the trolley, are you able to climb a step? You can see a lot from downtown, but the Hemmingway house was quite a way from there.

A few years ago the Trolley tour was not wheelchair accessible but the Conch Train did have a car with a lift. The Conch Train was just a tour of KW that didn't have stops. I checked the Old Town Trolley website and it says that they can accommodate handicapped passengers but requests should be made in advance. The phone number for both the Trolley and the Conch Train is 800-868-7482.

Great info from all the PPs. I just wanted to add that Key West is only 4 miles long by 1 mile wide. Therefore, if you absolutely can't find a trolley that's accessible, and your able-bodied person doesn't mind a little extra walking, there are still many points of interest that are definitely doable.

A few years ago the Trolley tour was not wheelchair accessible but the Conch Train did have a car with a lift. The Conch Train was just a tour of KW that didn't have stops. I checked the Old Town Trolley website and it says that they can accommodate handicapped passengers but requests should be made in advance. The phone number for both the Trolley and the Conch Train is 800-868-7482.

Thanks so much for the number. I called Old Town Trolley Tour and they told me they do have a wheelchair accessible trolley and they need at least an hour advanced notice so that they can add the trolley to the fleet.

Thank you to all for your posts,

Pokey

Archived