Dublin in Sept. tours needed/general advice

hello everyone,

I'm going to Ireland with my girlfriend in September, arriving the 24 and spending the 25 and 26 there. we would like to know if someone could recommend a tour operating company that's not to expensive but has group or personal tours(we are ok with either)???? we would like on the 25 to take a full day tour and the 26 be on out own to see things at our pace. please any recommendations would be much appreciated ....... also hotel information would be very helpful.

thank you,

Alejo w.

• 1 month later...

You don't need a tour company for Dublin. get yourself a guide book and jump on the Hop On - hop Off bus. Most of the city centre can be walked and the interesting places are all there. I live a few hours from Dublin and I would think you are better to save your money and do it yourself.

No need for any tour company in Dublin. It is a great, very walkable city, and they speak English.

Highly recommend the Guinness brewery tour. I don't even like beer, but it was very interesting.

Also recommend the literary pub crawl. Great fun in the evening.

A while ago, we stayed at a Jury's Inn a bit west of the central area (eg, O'Connell Street bridge), but easily walkable to Dublin Castle, the river, Temple Bar (entertainment and restuarant area) and virtually across the street from St. Patrick's Cathedral with a marvelous exhibit on the history of Dublin called Dublinia. Wasn't too expensive, rooms were nice.

Can you get to Jameson distillery from the Ho Ho bus or is it out of town? What about Guiness? No I am not a big drinker. Honest. It's just my DH and friend want to visit these "attractions" while in Dublin. Thanks

We got to both of them from the HOHO bus. You might have to walk a few blocks but it wasn't bad. The traffic was awful, however, and sometimes we did better by getting off the bus to get to our destination. Judy

Archived