Group of 14 on Carnival Valor (Dining Room)

Hi all,

Does anyone know the protocol for how our group of 14 people will be accomodated in the dining room on the Valor? I have read the maximum a table can seat is 10, so would they just add a table to the one that fits 10 or will they split us up? The group is concerned with seating arrangements. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Bob

You will most likely have 2 tables that are next to one another. It could be tables for 10/4, or 8/6, or 8/8. You all will be close and you can switch around seats as long as you go to the same tables each night.

Looks like we will be on the ship with you! Last year we sailed on Valor we had 12 people and they managed to fit us at one table. This year we have 15 people going.:eek: In my case I don't think I would mind getting a table across the room from each other since only 4 going are adults. Just kidding...The kids are 23 to 15. They are driving me nuts with the text messages telling me how many days till the cruise. Wouldn't be bad but when they all send one.

when you get on the ship go to the maitre'd and ask him. sometimes when we have a large group he will put us in the little dining room off to the side and they can push enough tables together to make one long one that will seat you all. the only thing though is the table is so long you can't really have a conversation with the other end of the table anyhow and you will miss the shows in the dining room but it IS an option.

smiles, bee

UFQ, we have only 3 kids (4-11) and 11 adults. I am 24 years old, and I am the one sending out text mesages to all the others telling them how much time we have left. I normally send it every Monday morning to cheer everyone up on a normally boring Monday (speaking of which, I haven't sent out my text yet!!!!)

I have all the faith that Carnival will be more than accomodating with our large groups. All our reservations are linked so we shouldn't have a problem.

Bob

We were a group of 14 (8 adults, 6 kids) that cruised the Valor in Jan of this year. We had requested late dining and they had seated us in adjoining tables (one long table that could accomodate 8 (actually 9, if you account for one of the ends of the table) people and the other a round table (6 people) right next to it.

Most of the adults were on the 8 person table. The kids (ages 2-7) were on the round table, with atleast one adult (the adult whose kid was the most crankiest that day :)) watching the kids, especially the messier younger ones. For the kids, we had a portable DVD player that we kept in the centre of the table, and all the interested kids could watch their Dora while they ate, allowing us adults to eat in peace :)

We were in the Washington Dining Room but I forget which table numbers they were, but if you would like I could check later tonight and get back to you.

I am pretty sure that Carnival would take care of you...they were great for us...infact the dining room made special meals for us (and the kids) and ensured that everyone had a great dining experience !

Enjoy !!

Archived