All things "Victory"

richbum

has anyone stayed on the spa deck? i'm in room 1111 and would love some photos.

Ive booked 1115 for the 12/12/10 sailing...couldnt resist the 4 cat upgrade we got. We are a bit nervous but excited all the same.

I like that its a very small deck, very excited to have a balcony for the first time but a bit worried about camp carnival being there. Overall I really think it is going to be awesome. I plan to use the spa to get ready and let the 3 guys in my room have the bath to themselves

Hello,

Am just wondering if anyone has pictures of Cabin # 8437. I have booked it for my next cruise and am wondering what it looks like or what the view is like from the balcony. Thanks.:D

I will be in the room directly underneath you. I will make sure to post them when we get back.

Hello,

Am just wondering if anyone has pictures of Cabin # 8437. I have booked it for my next cruise and am wondering what it looks like or what the view is like from the balcony. Thanks.:D

Take a picture when you are there, as we have this cabin 2 weeks after you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Victory and I can tell you we had no problem getting rum runner flasks on in our checked luggage. A couple we went with brought a couple bottles on in there carry on luggage and they didn't have any issue either. Maybe we got lucky, I don't know.

What improvements were done while in dry dock?

Sneaking alcohol is still hit and miss I think

The only thing I know of is the addition of the Adult Serenity Area, and the work on that wasn't finished by 11/28. They were still doing some minor adjustments during the week of 11/21-28. Someone said it was where the golf used to be. I don't know where the golf is now. My cabin (2445) still looked the same.

• 4 weeks later...
For anyone who has recently been on the Victory, Is it possible to carry on wine then get off and buy some more? I don't know if you have to leave and reenter from a different area once you are checked in.

It should not be a problem, in fact pretty simple really. In terminal on second floor is a "wine shop" one bottle per person. Stand in security line and enter ship,it cannot be put in chekced bags. If you have too many bottles,they put bright orange cable ties on bag handles and surrender right at ship entrance on gangway was a table. Once off ship easy to get off shop in town, or just go down and right back up escalator and repeat getting in security line (bring you r carryon bag though). We got off around 2:30 and security line was quite long. I'd likely do first get on, eat, and check gangway that goes over ship to see if line there.

So yes two trips possible and we also went to CVS across way and grabbed a 12 pack of soda,flat water and put in carry on too.

what island has best rental and availability

I usually check this info out, but did look into Barbados- and also saw the rental location- Stoutes- it is right there as you exit ship and start walking toward taxi stand. Very small place. but the cars were right there waiting for people.

So logistically would be easy to pre-aarnage a rental from.

Dominica there is no way I would rent there. Places too far away,safety.

Other islands did not look into.

I usually check this info out, but did look into Barbados- and also saw the rental location- Stoutes- it is right there as you exit ship and start walking toward taxi stand. Very small place. but the cars were right there waiting for people.

So logistically would be easy to pre-aarnage a rental from.

Dominica there is no way I would rent there. Places too far away,safety.

Other islands did not look into.

do they rent jet ski too

do they rent jet ski too

Barbados we looked into location very clsoe to pier and I think ship offers a package with transportation cheap deal:

look into theboatyard dot com it is an all in one entertainment complex of beach,bar,activities,rentals etc. Might meet your needs there and no car rental needed, and very close- a crew hangout I think, they always know the best deals.

• 2 weeks later...