Looks like I have 2 days in Cayman Islands! Two boys with us, 6 & 8 years old!

gman5613

Well this is our first cruise and now we are going to be in Caymen Islands for two days. If anyone has any suggestions on what would be good to do with two boys ages 6 and 8 I would love to hear them!!! They have never even been to the beach before so I know I want to let them just play around on a beach. I just think that will get old after awhile! Thanks!!!

My daughter (16) and I went on the Stingray snorkel tour with Moby Dick tours (google their name to find their website). It's only $40, and they were a really great group. They will pick you up at the pier, and deliver you back. They tell you all about the Stingrays on the way out to the sandbar, and explain that it's safe. After your swim with the stingrays, you get to snorkel for a while at one of the reefs. Snorkels & fins are provided. The stingrays are just awesome! They are so velvety soft, and swim up by you, and rub on you - like a kitten. At first, it's a little scary, but after you get used to it, we didn't want to leave. The Moby Dick guides will hold them, and show you how to hold them if you want. They tell you if you kiss them - it's 7 years good luck! Of course we did! Take water cameras to get lots of great pics.

The water is shallow at the sandbar (about waist deep up to chest deep on an adult). If your boys are not generally afraid of things, they would love this. We saw many smaller children that were loving it.

My daughter and I both agreed this was the highlight of our cruise.

We spent a week in a beachfront condo in the caymans and our grandsons - ages 4 and 9 never got tired of the beach. The 9 year old loved stingray city and the skateboard park. Other things we wanted to do but didn't have time were Boatswains Beach and the pirate ship.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

Archived