Destiny??

wrighka

in my opinion posts about specific ships kind of ebb and flow - for a week or two it seems like one ship is the talk of the boards - then silence for another week or two. sometimes this is because of an event (like coming out of drydock), or a cc group sailing, but more often than not i think it's just random

that being said - they're still out there. i wrote a pretty long thread myself (see link in signature) :cool:

I'm on the Destiny in June, and have ready most of those reviews too. If you have particular questions, ask. Somebody will know.

The Destiny is similar to most of the other ships, it has balconies, many bars and lounges, etc. One area that it is different is that it does not have a specialty restaurant like many of the ships. Also, for some reason it does not have fish and chips, but I believe it has a mongolion grill restaurant.

Look at the Carnival Deck plans, and you will find the different areas, and then have even more questions. LOL good luck.

I sailed it on 1-3-09 with my hubby and my two kids 8 & 9 and I was not that impressed with the layout of the ship, the pool deck particularly. We had a spa deck balcony and it was the noisiest cabin I have EVER had on any cruise! I thought it would be quiet being that there are only about 6 cabins on each side of the ship (on this deck) but boy was I wrong. I would not choose to sail this ship again, Carnival yes, the Destiny no.

I've noticed that there's not a lot of reviews on the Destiny, but I've read pretty much everything there is on this ship. Just continue to be on the lookout, and something new will show up. If you're sailing later than June I will be doing a review.

I love that there is finally a four day cruise out of Miami that has balcony cabins that are not suites. We loved doing a 4-day cruise out of Miami two years ago on the Fascination (nice ship since upgrades) but did have to pay a premium for the balcony and it was smaller than the balconies on the newer ships.

The Destiny has some nice itineraries especially the eastern with Grand Turk, etc. While I haven't sailed on the Destiny, it is a top choice for us to consider next March. Also, another plus with the shorter itineraries is the cost of airfare. If you do a pre-cruise for two nights, cruise for 4 and then a post-cruise stay, you are flying Tuesday-Tuesday which is half the cost of flying on a weekend.

Myself and 3 friends just did the 5 day to Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. We had a marvelous time. The food, entertainment and service was outstanding. We had a little trouble finding our way to the aft dining room, but after we figured it out it was very easy to get any where on the ship. By day 2 it was very easy to get around. This was the first cruise for 3 of us so all I had to compare it to was what I've read here and I have to say all of us were very happy with our experience. Any questions please ask. :)

We are leaving in twelve days for the Destiny-Eastern Itin. Good posts here. Kinda was wondering about the same thing...not too many posts on this ship. This will be our second cruise and first with Carnival so we are very excited and I don't have a preference with the way the ship is layed out. Each ship to me would be an adventure in its own way. That's the fun of it!

Any new pics for the Eastern Itinerary (Grand Turk, HMC and Nassau) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all and glad you had such a great time. ;)

Hi all,

We sailed the Destiny eastern itinerary in Dec. and loved it so much we booked again for this May 18th.

We have previously cruised on Princess & Disney--loved them both, but for the difference in price, Destiny can't be beat.

Beautiful ship, well maintained, easily the most friendly crew we've ever encountered, and the food was great.

You'll love it! I promise!

Can anybody tell me about the suites on the Destiny? Do you have to get a penthouse suite to get a bath tub? Or do the regular suites have a tub?

Thanks!

Archived