Explorer Aft - 1390??

Hi:

Considering a cruise in August. My TA put a hold on room 1390 on Explorer of the Seas, and I see that this is aft. I have never had an aft, always had a balcony or above though. Is the view good? It looks like it might be partially obstructed by the way the ship is designed. Anyone have any experience with this cabin? Also, has anyone slept four people in this cabin or is that a little much?

Quick responses would be appreciated because I have to respond in 24 hours.

Thanks.

4 adults in a D1 is always going to be a little tight. 2 Adults and 2 kids would work.

The view is great. Trust me, you wont notice anything but the wake of the ship.

If you have never had an aft balcony you must stay with this room.

We have stayed in a JS Aft 1694 and must say that the size of the room was fantastic... we slept 3 but 4 would be OK. Smaller cabins may struggle if 4 adults but not impossible - especially with the size of the balcony you can overflow onto!

However the problem we found with the balcony on this deck was that there was limited sun - excellent views though when sitting outside.

The overhang - or roof to your balcony - stretches right to where your railings are.

We had no obvious noise disturbance from the Windjammer which is above.

All in all I would say that the aft cabins, overall, have more balcony space than their side counterparts.

We have also stayed in aft on deck 8 and preferred this much more for the sun and the peace and quiet for when the poolside was busy on sailing days! dont drop down to deck 6 or 7 though as again you get less sun and more structure views - deck 8 and 9 cabins are slightly staggered back hence the less overhang and more sun.

I would stick with the held cabin and perhaps once you have had chance to do some more research you can always look for a move if you decide to try for more sun....

overall i love AFT!!!

either way, enjoy!

ruth

Archived