Upgrades

Embracedbylife

Just curious about upgrades. If you chose to be available for an upgrade, do you get to say yes or no to the upgrade if it's offered, or do they just give up your room for the upgrade without asking? We are happy with our current room, but if given the option of upgrading to a minisuite on the right deck we'd do it. We don't want to open up to upgrades though if it's an automatic thing without you being able to say yah or neh to the actual upgrade room they are offering.

This site explains it more than I could, have a look:

https://book.princess.com/html/tapres/auto_upgrade_content.html

Many are not contacted about an upgrade, and by the time they find out, their cabin they originally chose is already assigned to someone else.

So, unless you will accept any upgrade, I would probably keep the stateroom you hand picked originally. ;)

If yo have your reservation marked "will accept upgrade", you will not be given a choice to accept or decline the upgrade. Do not have your reservation so marked unless you would be happy with EVERY cabin in EVERY higher category.

I just got an email from Princess today informing us that we had been upgraded. The fine print at the bottom states,

"IT IS OUR PLEASURE TO ADVISE THAT YOUR CLIENTS HAVE RECEIVED A COMPLIMENTARY UPGRADE INTO THE CABIN LISTED ON THIS CONFIRMATION. IF YOUR CLIENTS CHOOSE TO DECLINE, PLEASE NOTIFY US WITHIN 48 HOURS, AND WE WILL ATTEMPT TO RETURN THEM TO THEIR ORIGINAL CABIN."

Notice it says, "attempt to return them to their original cabin"

I would not mark "available for upgrade" if you are happy with your cabin! :)

I have a question regarding upgrades also! When do passengers find out if they have received an upgrade? Are they notified by email, phone, or do you find out when you get to the dock and are checking in? Finding out at the dock could be a problem - you would have the luggage tags on your suitcases with the original cabin # on them.:confused:

some are notified by email, some by their ta, some by phone, some check their cruise personalizer compulsively (me) and it shows up there, and some find out at the pier. there are extra luggage tags at the pier to add the correct cabin number.

While that might not sound like much, we're thrilled!! You see, my parents are paying for my husband and myself. Our TA was able to get us on the same 11 day Alaska cruisetour with them at the last minute and all that was left was inside cabins, so we jumped at the offer.

Even though the cruise was supposedly sold out, TA said we stood a good chance of being upgraded and he was right! :)

We'll take a free cruise with an obstructed view anytime!!! Yippee! :cool::cool::cool:

Archived