CruisinJazz

Please Vote for Best Excursion!  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Please Vote for Best Excursion!

• Carnival Excursion Trafalgar Falls & Emerald Pool
    • Levi Bumpiing Tours
    • Reyno Tours
    • Or Other??

Beno is the best. The Emerald pool, Trafalgar Falls, etc. This was my favorite stop on our Caribbean cruise, he took great care of us and we saw 3x what we would have seen on a cruise tour. Do not hesitate to book with him!

Thanks for sharing your pics of the whale watch! Fantastic! Whenever we go to Quebec, Canada we drive on up to Toudessac Canada for whale watching. You actually are in little rubber boats with enormous whales swimming right along the side and under you! It's awesome!

Cannot even begin to say how exciting our aeral tram ride in Dominica was.. and then to get off and walk through the jungle with the guide and over the steel suspension bridge.. I'm a senior citizen and going over the tree tops, through the trees and on the floor of the jungle was so exciting.. the wild orchids, the birds, the huge ferns.. and gliding over it all.. what a rush..and best of all.. we didn't feel that we were "taken" and on an overpriced ride

Trafalger falls, Tito Gorge and Champagne Reef with Levi was fantastic,and the best tour we have ever done

He takes great care of you and whatever you want he will try to give you. His coach is very new and air conditioned.

He joins in all the activities with you and is very safetyconscious, at Tito Gorge I was a little nervous about swimmig in the Gorge but with Levi's advice and supervision I had a fantastic time and as he only takes small groups we were not rushed and could enjoy the Gorge at our leisure.

At Trafalger falls after seeing the falls we bathed in the hot pools, and experience that many organised tours miss out on, again it was great, with Levis showing us many hidden highlights.

Again at Champagne Reef, he joined in the snorkelling with us, helping us get the most out of the experience and also giving tips on how to snorkell and where to see the best fish, and turtles.

We did loads of sightseeing stops on the way, his rates are very resonable, he was wating for us where he said he would be after we left the ship, he even emailed his photo to help us find him. All in all the whole day flew by, but it was great. we arrived back at the ship at 4pm tired and happy.

We shall definatly be bookng him for our next trip there in January. Have a great time whatever you choose to do. Take care Angela

Took a tour with Levi in April and it was one of the hi lights of our cruise. We did a trip up to Indian River (about 1 hour drive from Rosseau) and also took in Fort Shirley. "James Bond" rowed us up the river, giving lots of info on wildlife, plants, flowers and plenty of stories about the cast and crew of the Pirates of the Caribbean! My girls(and me) loved the gossip, big Orlando and Johnny fansicon12.gif This is where they filmed the river scenes in Pirates 2. We were the only boat on the river, and it was like being on another planet, it was that quiet! Had a Dynamite cocktail at cabin on river, WOW, is all I can say! Levi, was our guide for the day, an a brilliant one at that! What he didn't know about the island wasn't worth knowing. Saw alot of a beautiful island at our own relaxed pace and can't big up Levi enoughicon7.gif!!

• 2 weeks later...

Must echo about Woody. Did the tour with him on May 12th. Great time. You really see a lot of island and are by yourself. He can only take a maximum of 6 people so it is nice. The totally secluded Batibou beach was awesome.

Beno is the best. The Emerald pool, Trafalgar Falls, etc. This was my favorite stop on our Caribbean cruise, he took great care of us and we saw 3x what we would have seen on a cruise tour. Do not hesitate to book with him!

we only used Beno so can't tell you anything about other tours. Beno was a great guide and we would recommend him.

The problem with a poll like this is that most people have only done a tour with one vendor, so they can't compare. All they can tell you is if they enjoyed or didn't enjoy the tour they had.

So, imho, the poll is meaningless.

I'd read the threads about the various vendors. That will give you a good idea.

Went with Levi on his "Treasurers" tour last week and it was fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

Extreme Dominica was the hit of our cruise....we had seven people...2 adults and 5 teens...we went canyoning and rappelling on some incredible waterfalls...nothing can beat this tour...must book direct at extremedominica.com....they pick you up at cruise ship and drop you off afterwards....rappelling down 5 story waterfalls and jumping into pools of water is priceless...you need to be in decent shape to do this one, but its our number one excursion from the three cruises we have done...a couple of us were scared of heights, but it was a great confidence builder...it was a WOW experience...its also featured at tripadvisor.com

I voted for Levi, been on tours with him 3 different times and would absolutely go again the next time we are in Dominica. He is such a nice guy and like someone else said, he participates in everything we did.

Last November was the last time and he took us snorkeling at Champagne Reef and I have some photos http://www.carib-cruises.com/dominica-island-with-levi.html

Have fun

Lise

We have toured with Reyno twice and will go with him if we visit Dominica again. He wants his visitors to see the best of Dominica and have a great experience. Reyno provides a guide (we love Rosalind!), who further enhances the tour by providing narration along the drive and accompanying passengers along hikes to point out items of interest, such as plants and flowers; she showed us a hummingbird's nest. On our last visit to Dominica, I was unable to complete our hike to Middleham Falls, and while Rosalind went ahead with the rest of our group, Reyno stayed behind with me, so that my husband could finish the hike and see the falls. Reyno is the best!

Archived