A quick question plz

Hello All

Ive just checked the ta website were i booked my cruise and saw the price has come down by nearly £400 pounds .Im sailing in 3 weeks on the ios to the canary islands (cant wait first cruise):D i see that people get a refund if the price drops is this true and can i phone up the ta and ask them if i can get it as well.i paid 1370 pounds and it is now at 887 pounds thx jeff

Hello All

Ive just checked the ta website were i booked my cruise and saw the price has come down by nearly £400 pounds .Im sailing in 3 weeks on the ios to the canary islands (cant wait first cruise):D i see that people get a refund if the price drops is this true and can i phone up the ta and ask them if i can get it as well.i paid 1370 pounds and it is now at 887 pounds thx jeff

Hi

It depends how proactive your TA wants to be and if they state in the terms and conditions that they will honour it, i booked via a TA last year, can't say the name on here but their slogan begins, "don't just book it" my cruise dropped by £300, every time i rang them they would only take me details and say someone would call me back, in the end I lost out, this year I've booked direct with RCCL. Good Luck though, and enjoy your cruise, IOS is a beautiful ship.

Hello All

It depends on which TA I am afraid. I know with my TA they were not at all helpful when I tried for a price drop, will never use a TA again because of this. Best of luck

Sandra

It depends on which TA I am afraid. I know with my TA they were not at all helpful when I tried for a price drop, will never use a TA again because of this. Best of luck

Sandra

Hello all,

Sandra , same here. Like you when I go with RCI in future I'll be booknig direct with them.

Berwyn

Don't give up on all TAs. Very often they offer some nice perks (OBC, wine, pre-paid gratuities, etc.) which you don't often get from the cruiseline. When booking with any TA, one of the first questions I ask is. "do you honor price drops". If they don't give me an unqualified "yes" or are vague in their answer, I don't book with them. Like with any other aspect of travel, you have to do your homework!

BTW, I am not a TA, but it always irks me when people say, "I'll never book with a TA again" after having one bad experience with one TA. They can be very helpful and can handle a lot of situations that might be difficult and/or stressful for the average traveler to handle.

Archived