Entertainment of Carnival

cruiselover1123

I have never been on a Carnival Cruise. We are planning our first this summer with the kids (10 & 14).

We have been on 2 Princess Cruises and found the entertainment was poor on our last one (11/14). We have also been on RCCL and found the entertainment to be very good.

How does Carnival compare to Princess as far as the entertainment goes?

I think you'll be very pleased at the options available and the shows each night- some OK for kids and others not. There are 2 Big production Las Vegas style shows each week, Comedy acts about 4 nights, jugglers, several different types of live entertainment at any given time in the evenings, a Piano sing along bar, Karaoke, and even just watching sports in the sports bar with the boys....

I think the production shows (always two different ones on every cruise) are great! The singers and dancers I've seen are very, very talented, and put on great shows. Usually one show is more "Vegasy" than the other, lotsa feathers, glitz, etc....but the other is more fun, although lots of singing and dancing. Can't go wrong with either!

Those are the only two shows I attend on Carnival cruises. The others, i.e., comedians, magicians, jugglers, ventriloquists, etc. just don't do anything for me.

There are also LATE night adult-only shows.

I really don't think you'd be disappointed in any of the production shows Carnival puts on.:)

Archived