Possibly going on Carnival Splendor last-minute

calikak

Seeing the insanity prices for the revised itineraries on Carnival Splendor is making DH and I consider it for early next month (our son turns 2 between now and then). Anyone sailed recently on that ship that might have some tips for us? Recent experience with kids' club staff/program for toddlers? I know about the no-swim-diapers rule, but it'll probably be too cold for the pool anyway, so that's not an issue to me. Thanks in advance!

From what I've heard Carnival has great kids programs but I'm not sure about the age groups. Even if your child is still too young to go to the play group they should have times for mommy/daddy and me activities.

Carnival takes children age 2 in diapers:D. We sail this Sunday with our son who is 3. I'll post about it when I return so you can know what to expect. The club is generally open from 9-12, 2-5, and 7-10 with after hours care from 10-3am (for a fee). They will give you a pager so they can reach you if your child needs you. Hope this helps!

That is helpful info, thanks! I am really excited about the diaper-changing, assuming my son cooperates and actually participates in the kids' club (I know some kids don't like it, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much--although, he's in daycare, so hopefully that improves our chances that he'll like it). I also know we won't be able to use the pool with him, since he's in swim diapers, but I figure it'll be too cold for that anyway most likely. We're bringing a little blow-up tub thingy, since we'll only have a shower, and if the weather is actually warm enough we can use it on our balcony.

You may not be able to use the pool, but don't forget about the Carnival Waterworks area - lots of places the little ones can get wet and have fun.

Oh, do they allow swim-diapered kids there? I didn't think they did--will have to check when we get onboard, if it's actually warm enough to use it (I'm not holding my breath on the weather, though!).

Oh, do they allow swim-diapered kids there? I didn't think they did--will have to check when we get onboard, if it's actually warm enough to use it (I'm not holding my breath on the weather, though!).

Since most of it is more of a glorified shower, with the "splash pads" the answer shoulb be yes. Ask your cruise director or kids counselor.

Archived