Hotel suggestions for Tampa

lambcom

Hi.. thanks to Ken and all the others for the great info..:)

Just a question.. was wondering if anyone has stayed at the HOJO downtown recently.. and have any input on it? We are booked there for October.. and just would like to hear some comments if there are any.. Thanks.

A large group of us from California are cruising on the Legend Feb 15, 2009. We are looking for 8-10 rooms for the night of the 14th. Are there any hotels that will offer a group discount? Also we are looking for something with a bar/restuarant and a pool.

Thanks

maybe I missed it (sorry if I did), but can anyone provide me with some information about the Courtyard Tampa Downtown (102 E Cass St)

we went ahead and booked, but any info on this location would be great

For anyone staying at the Hampton Inn Rocky Point - we just stayed there last month and it was really nice. The shuttle driver took us to Westshore Mall and we had lunch. We walked across the street to the Walgreens for cruise items. The shuttle driver then picked us up at the Walgreens. The shuttle also took us to dinner in the Westshore area. All the transportation was free, but we tipped the driver. We booked the AAA rate as it was cheaper than the cruise package and paid $10 per person to get to the port in the morning (the front desk arranged for us). The Hampton provided a small continental breakfast which was fine for us.

The hotel was nice, room was nice, and staff were beyond friendly! I would highly recommend it!

Thank you so much for the review, we were going back and forth about which hotel to book and thank's to you we decided to stay at the hampton, the cruise package they have is just perfect for us.

cruisinlawn -

It's a shame that your two first choices are booked up. It's really nice down there and so close to the terminal. They need more hotels down there, but it seems high priced upscale condos are winning the fight for the real estate.

I about forgot - How about the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Hotel? It's directly across the channel from the Marriott Waterside. Nice place too. Safe and clean area. The Sheraton Riverwalk Hotel is further around on the river, a few blocks to the north. I'd stay at either of these.

If any further questions, ask, and I'll try to get back with you soon.

Ken

Hi Ken..thanks for all the info and help. I did get them in Embassy and they had a great time staying one day pre-. Really enjoyed the area and very nice hotel. For those wondering, yes it did cost($210 for 4adults) but I was not shopping cost. Looking more for safe, convenient, and entertainment. THanks again. Ken.

I really don't think you can go wrong with any Hilton Honors property (Hampton, Embassy, Doubletree). We've stayed at both the Doubletree Suites and Hampton in Rocky Point and enjoyed both our experiences. We really like the Rocky Point area because we were close to the water and its a nice area, plus both hotels provided free shuttles to anywhere we wanted to go (restaurants and malls) nearby.

Tampa is our favorite port to sail from - it seems so much more relaxing than Miami or Fort Lauderdale, but that's just my opinion. Also, boarding the ship was a breeze.

The Hampton at Rocky Point is a newer property. Ybor City is an historic District, lots of clubs restaurants, cigar stores, movies, lots of Police, but best not to be out when the clubs close about 2-3:00A.M. Like any big city, it could be a little dicey on the side streets. Rocky Point is a nice scenic area, safe, near restaurants, beach and beautiful views. 1/2 hr from the pier. Ybor City is 5 minutes away. I live about 20 minutes away from both locations. If you have any questions, I'm glad to help!

Thank you so much for your reply!!! What about the Holiday Inn Express that everyone talks about on here?? We are planning on leaving KY on Friday morning, getting to Tampa Friday night, and exploring your beautiful city on Saturday!! What you recommend with a 9, 8, 5, and 5 year olds?? I gather from your other response that you personally would recommend the Rocky Point location, even though, we will not be on the streets at 2 or 3 am with the children!! Thanks again for answering my question!!:) :) :)

The Hampton at Rocky Point is a newer property. Ybor City is an historic District, lots of clubs restaurants, cigar stores, movies, lots of Police, but best not to be out when the clubs close about 2-3:00A.M. Like any big city, it could be a little dicey on the side streets. Rocky Point is a nice scenic area, safe, near restaurants, beach and beautiful views. 1/2 hr from the pier. Ybor City is 5 minutes away. I live about 20 minutes away from both locations. If you have any questions, I'm glad to help!

So if we were to stay @ the Hampton Inn in Ybor City, do we need to worry about leaving our car there while we are gone on the cruise?

The Hampton Inn at Ybor does allow you to leave your car on property. They also provide transfers to the pier. Their parking lot is gated and fenced. You should have no problem there! There is lots to see and do in Ybor, enjoy your selves.

By the way my wife is a NICU RN here in Tampa

Mark

Okay guys or gals, I think that we are hung on Hampton Inn's...not too expensive, breakfast,etc... We do not want to stay in Y'bor, so which Hampton would be our next best option??? Alot of people talk about Rocky Point, but I have seen other's at Hampton.com so my question is which do you guys that live in Tampa recommend??? Thanks!!!

Rocky Point is a great location. If $ is a consideration, check out the Hampton on Waters Ave. It is just north of the airport. Free parking but no transfers. Its about 20-25 minutes from the pier. The GM is my neighbor. I would be happy to twist her arm and get a good rate for CC members. I hope that is not breaking any of the board rules.

Mark

I've stayed at the Sheraton Suites it's right off of 275 in Tampa. It does have a restaurant on site. Rooms are suites kind of like Embassy. Here's the address 4400 West Cypress Street, Tampa, FL(813) 873-8675 If you call direct you can get a better deal than using the Sheraton website. Though that goes for most of them anyway.

And the Sheraton is right next door to "Charlies Steakhouse". One of the very best in Tampa. :)

If you have an "Entertainment Book" the Sheraton also gives 2 for 1 discounts on their meals with your membership card. Its a very attractive property, 15 minutes from the pier.

Mark

The Hampton Inn at Ybor does allow you to leave your car on property. They also provide transfers to the pier. Their parking lot is gated and fenced. You should have no problem there! There is lots to see and do in Ybor, enjoy your selves.

By the way my wife is a NICU RN here in Tampa

Mark

Thanks for the info. God Bless your wife. It takes a special someone to work with those babies!!

We will be staying post cruise on August 21, so we are looking to do some sightseeing during the day after we get off the ship. Our kids are 5 and 6 so I am sure we will be spending a lot of time at the hotel pool. Based on this info would you suggest staying at Rocky Point or Y'bor/Channelside.

If we should stay at Y'bor/Channelside, what is the difference between the two?

Sheraton Riverwalk for $70 on priceline for september incase anyone wants to know...

thanks ken for all the info you have posted here...found everything with no problem using search!

OMG!!!!! I paid alot more than $70.00 for our room for June:( with a balcony. You got a good deal:)

OMG!!!!! I paid alot more than $70.00 for our room for June:( with a balcony. You got a good deal:)

How did you like the hotel? I am really only staying there one night and don't get in until about 9 pm, but am interested in their lounge/bar?

OK I have read LOTS of pages on this thread, but at the risk of asking a repeat question, here it goes. I just booked the Sailport Waterfront Suites. It almost sounded too good to be true. A small suite facing the Bay for only $79.00. Anyone know of the hotel. Sorry in advance if this is a repeat question. Thanks for any info.

I read more than 30 pages and havent found what I am looking for...does anyone know if there is a hotel that has shuttle to busch gardens as well as the port and airport?

We are arriving early on Sat (cruise on Sunday) and wanted to spend the day in BG. We are considering renting a car, but just had to ask beforehand if anyone recommened a hotel that had the shuttle going to these places.

I'm almost sure I am asking for too much :eek: Thanks!