More civil unrest

SailMeAwayEveryday

Just got back from cruising on Legend. Roatan was canceled as well as Cozumel, of course. Got the $20.00 pittance per.

Grand Cayman and Belize went off, without a hitch, but there were a LOT of unhappy people on board.

Ourselves, we were not thrilled with the outcome, but what can you do?

I do know that I will try other much LARGER ships in the future in case something like this were to happen again, and probably with another company. The previous 2 I'd been on were massive in comparison - and, well....with FIVE days at sea on such a smaller ship - it was a little boring at times. Live and learn, and I'm sure I'll have another fantastic vacation in about another 2-3 years. :)

You really should educate yourself on the facts before you comment. The protests are about mainland Hondurans having trouble working on Roatan, NOT Americans. Please at least try to get your information right before posting such things.

Excuse me, apparently your the one that seems to need an "education" I don't have to be a rocket scientist to give my personal opinion on this subject. I never said Americans were taking jobs from anyone. Reread the post and get YOUR information right before posting such a thing!

You seem to miss the point. The protesters were mostly mainland Hondurans protesting about their ability to work in Roatan Honduras. It had nothing at all to do with US Visitors or US Policy as the previous poster seemed to insinuate. Tourists are and for the most part have always been welcomed. If you read the news about this you would know that but when people use online translation sites they seem to lose it. Read the spanish news reports and you will find that foreigners were not the subject of the protests.

The previous poster also mentions the millions of Hondurans illegaly in the US? Honduras has a population of between 7 and 8 million, is she suggesting that more than 30% od all Hondurans are illegal in the US? Afterall "millions" would mean at least 2 million

The poster you are arguing with (BubbleBlower) is completely right. He/She was smart enough to realize what I meant and what I was saying. Are you seriously going to "insinuate" the United States does not have a problem with people illegally working here? If so my part in this discussion is over. For the past few years I have watched protest after protest of illegal's carrying flags of their countries demanding my constitutional rights. The entire point I was making since you clearly missed it is this...

Other Nations have strict laws that are followed when it comes to entering, living and or working in their societies. Here in the United States (The greatest country on earth IMHO.. opps is that somehow politically incorrect? I make no apologies)..also has laws for people to enter this country, live here, work, or visit but those laws are broken everyday and yet the shame on you finger is pointed at the mere mention.

... This whole conversation is one big example. I make a comment and someone points the finger, makes rude comments and tries to make you feel like you said something wrong. All you did was prove my point. Thanks!

Just went to the web cam and ship tracker. It looks like Valor in far from Roatan

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/cruiseships.phtml

Yes, but that position is now 12 hours old and the itinerary says it's due in to port at noon, so she had 13 hours to sail the distance. Guess we need to wait until after noon eastern to find out. I'm hoping someone on board will let us know one way or the other.

I was wondering the same thing, we're supposed to be there on the Valor in two weeks.

Doesn't Carnival post this info on the site or when you log in to see your cruise?

Archived