Grand Suite on FOS

We are thinking of booking a Grand Suite, is it really woth the extra $$???

Anyone have pics or first hand experiences with a grand suite that they would like to share?

What is included besides the concerige lounge?

:confused:

We are thinking of booking a Grand Suite, is it really woth the extra $$???

Anyone have pics or first hand experiences with a grand suite that they would like to share?

What is included besides the concerige lounge?

:confused:

Check out these videos of grand suite on Freedom class ships

The Grand Suites are really nice, but I really just settle for the Junior Suites. The Grand Suite is larger, but what I really like is the double sink in the bathroom. Is it worth the extra money, well if my hands were in your wallet I'd say yes. LOL

I loved the Grand Suite we had on Freedom in 2007. Several of my pics are posted in the everything Freedom thread (along with some other suite pics). The bathroom and extra space was worth the money.

We were just in Freedom in a standard balcony cabin. Suite passengers on Freedom receive the new "suite benefits" - reserved chairs by the pool, they were able to sit in the specialty restaurants with food from the Windjammer at breakfast, priority boarding, a benefit a disembarkation. In 2007 we received (and I believe still provided) - ice show tickets good for your choice of shows, priority tender tickets in the suite, 2 robes for use on board, and the concierge lounge. The concierge also made excursion and specialty restaurant reservations. I have read there are reserved seats at the shows but did not see that a month ago.

GS gets the following perks that JS does not and a few more not listed:

Priority check-in

Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships

Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available

Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)

VIP pool deck seating, where available

Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships

Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

Complimentary luggage valet service

Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard

Complimentary pressing service on formal night

Priority departure with exclusive suite departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

if you can afford it without breaking the bank then I say yes it is worth it. I love the GS (loved the OS too) We spend time relaxing in our room so the bigger the better. Plus we do like the little extras you get.

It's all relevant......if money is not an issue, absolutely... If money is an issue..remember what ever cabin you book, you will swim in the same pool, eat the same food in the restaurants and get the same beverages/service. Other than the concierge service... so it's really all relevant to your life style. You could do 2 vacations in a balcony vs 1 in a GS...Unless you got a super duper deal in the GS...(we got one for $1299 pp on the ROS) hehehehe Now, that was definetly worth it !!

Archived