What are the chances of an upgrade once on board?

Brit abroad

I just wondered after recently enquiring about the possibility of an upgrade from Britannia to Princess class and getting a very silly quote back of almost 5 times our current fare:eek: what the chances are of getting a more reasonably priced upgrade once on board, if & when cabins are available?

I would be very interested to know if anyone has ever tried this and if so, how did you go about it and at what cost?

PS: in real terms, the crossing we are booked on later on this month now looks to be fully booked, so think the chances of achieving this are now pretty much zero, but I would be very interested to know even if its just for next time around?;)

P Grill is showing at fully waitlisted (on Cunard's site), but... P1 is the same price as Queen grill 6 & 7 which currently have room!!:cool: :) The ship was showing full a few weeks back, but they are switching people about and there are vacancies. Go for it! You know you want to be a griller! :D

GGG

Well GGG of course I do, dont we all?!

But ssshh, don't tell the others !!!:o

I thought I might be able to negotiate more favourable rates as we got closer to our Sailaway date but on two recent attempts neither Virgin or Cunard have come up with anything remotely feasible or attractive:(; hence the speculative question about the possibility of trying my hand again once on board?

By the time you check in at the terminal, any complimentary upgrades to the higher categories will have already been issued by Inventory.

Well , yes, we know that much, BUT, its such fun , hoping LOL:)

we all live in hope , dont we.

good luck , brit abroad, you never know:)

By the time you check in at the terminal, any complimentary upgrades to the higher categories will have already been issued by Inventory.

I know the chances of P grill cabin availability are terribly slim, but just thought it may be worth throwing the question out to the board on the off chance someone had successfully achieved this in the past? After all, if I were Cunard, I would rather sell off a cancellation or unsold grill cabin at a reasonable price (especially to a returning customer) than simply give one away as a freebie?

Was on a crossing last year and met a couple that was doing a back to back and wanted to try Queens Grill. They were quoted full fare at the pursers desk..no discount even though the room was showing open status..you would think they would want to make some extra money and fill the room. Maby the onboard sales staff would have been able to do something better

Archived