Do we have enough time to walk to Creek Street.

ginjer2911

I have a couple of questions for all of you that have travelled to

Alaska and are so familiar with everything.

We will be in Ketchikan from 10am -6pm and have the Bering Sea Crab Fishermans tour scheduled at 1:30pm.

Will we have time to walk to Creek Street and make it back to the ship before the tour?

Does ayone know where the Aleutian Ballad is docked and if it is close to Creek Street do we even have to go back to the ship to catch the tour?

Thanks so much.

I have a couple of questions for all of you that have travelled to

Alaska and are so familiar with everything.

We will be in Ketchikan from 10am -6pm and have the Bering Sea Crab Fishermans tour scheduled at 1:30pm.

Will we have time to walk to Creek Street and make it back to the ship before the tour?

Does ayone know where the Aleutian Ballad is docked and if it is close to Creek Street do we even have to go back to the ship to catch the tour?

Thanks so much.

You absolutely have enough time. It is just a short walk from the dock to Creek Street. Dolly's House Tour is fun if you are so inclined. You can stop at the dock and pick up a walking tour brochure of Ketchikan.

You can also take the furnicular tram up to Cape Fox Lodge. Take in the view, then go out the lobby doors and start circling to your left following the streets. Find the tourist signs for "Married Man's Trail" and you will end up at the top end of Creek Street. Walk it downhill and it will end up back at the cruise docks.

I'd guesstimate the length of Creek St. is similar to an average suburban mall with half the number of shops.

I signed up with the Cruise shore excursion...a novelty for me, usually use private, but in this case I compared price with their own website, and Celebrity was a few cents cheaper And I thought we'd get transport included? . Do Creek St in morning, come back for lunch at the ship, and be ready for the 1;30pm tour! I "googled" Ketchikan tourism, they have a walking tour of the city you can download. Not absolutely sure what website tho.

Archived