Rental Car Drop off & Earliest Time To Board Ship

dz63

We are staying overnight Saturday in Isla Verde prior to our cruise on the Carnival Victory on Sunday July 5. Renting a car with Charlie's. We would like to tour OSJ on Sunday prior to sailing. I have a few questions:

1) Do we drop the car at Charlie's main office in Isla Verde and grab their shuttle to the pier with our luggage or can you actually drop the car somewhere near the pier?

2) We are considering boarding the ship, placing our luggage in our cabin, grabbing a quick lunch on board and then walking to both forts from the pier. How soon do they let you board? Is it a hassle getting off the ship? Can we by-pass the line-ups when we re-board? Will we have enough time to see both forts?

We are staying overnight Saturday in Isla Verde prior to our cruise on the Carnival Victory on Sunday July 5. Renting a car with Charlie's. We would like to tour OSJ on Sunday prior to sailing. I have a few questions:

1) Do we drop the car at Charlie's main office in Isla Verde and grab their shuttle to the pier with our luggage or can you actually drop the car somewhere near the pier? Seems to me Charlie's could answer this, I can't help you.

2) We are considering boarding the ship, placing our luggage in our cabin, grabbing a quick lunch on board and then walking to both forts from the pier. How soon do they let you board? Is it a hassle getting off the ship? Can we by-pass the line-ups when we re-board? Will we have enough time to see both forts?

As stated by many posters, boarding starts around 11:00 AM (give or take a half hour). You will probably will not have access to your cabin until about 1:30 PM. You can get some lunch, then disembark to tour OSJ. When you reboard, you do not have to go thru the checkin lines again, just swipe your sign & sail card at gangplank.

The forts close at either 5 or 6 PM.

We just rented from Charlie's last week. We picked up at airport and dropped off at Condado. Their driver took us to the ship in the car we had been using with our luggage in the trunk. Very convenient, but it could be different depending on the volume off drop offs. Give them a call to see what best fits your schedule.

Archived