Cancelling my cruise...

Sue9

It looks as though we may have to cancel our April 2010 sailing on the Dawn Princess. Is it possible to have our deposit transferred to a sailing later in the year on either a P&O or princess cruise. Or do we lose our deposit. :(

Thanks

Sue

Hi there,

yes, no worries....we were in the same "boat"...LOL..recently, ....:)

.....we were able to transfer our deposit to a later cruise... most TA's will do this for you.......happy cruising...

S&D

Sandra mentions that she was able to transfer her deposit. :):) She may have been very lucky because friends of mine (two couples) lost their deposits of $3000 per couple. They were transferring the booking.

The Princess Booking Conditions state that the deposit is non-refundable on all cancelled cruises. On longer cruises if the cancellation is less than 75 days before the cruise a proportion of the cruise fare is also payable. On other cruises additional fees apply if the cancellation is less than 45 days before the cruise.

I realise that you have asked about a booking on Princess, but someone else might be interested in the cancellation fees applying to P & O bookings. Up until 181 days before the cruise there is a full refund of deposit, then between 180 and 71 days prior, the deposit is not refunded.

I hope you are as lucky as Sandra and Dave and that your TA can transfer your deposit to your new booking. :):)

Evon.

If they used a FCC (Future Cruise Credit) to book they will be OK, if they have travel insurance, always a good idea as soon as you book, they may be OK depending on the reason, otherwise no...seems unfair this far out from the sailing date doesn't it.

Evon...

goodness..yes, we were lucky then.....we paid a fee, and the rest...$1000 was transferred over to the new booking. We shall consider ourselves very fortunate !!!...:)

S&D

Archived