Cost of a carnival carribean cruise ?

manhar

Newbie to cruising. What would be a reasonable price to pay for a cruise on the carnival conquest to the west carribean in June 2009? Not talking about extra special last minute offers etc.... just what would folks consider a reasonable price without being ripped off?

We just did the Western Carribean Carnival Glory in April the week before Easter. That is the sister ship to the Conquest. We had a balcony cabin on the Lido deck, catagory 8G?? I think. 2 adults 2 kids for that cabin was $4058.00 including tips. Hope that helps, the rates should be about the same because the prices are usually more in the summer months and over holidays.

newbie to cruising. What would be a reasonable price to pay for a cruise on the carnival conquest to the west carribean in june 2009? Not talking about extra special last minute offers etc.... Just what would folks consider a reasonable price without being ripped off?

with military discounts, our rule of thumb is no more than $100 per person per day (including all taxes and fees) for a balcony and has been for some time. We are usually able to do a little better than this off season. In season we've paid a bit more but not by much.

You will find the absoulte best pricing where a major iternary change is announced on short notice.

I usually do the $100 pp/pd rule also and that is for a balcony cabin...less if you go with a 7a which is a partially obstructed balcony...works for us..and as the OP said...usually it's less with a military discount OR a SR discount :D

Newbie to cruising. What would be a reasonable price to pay for a cruise on the carnival conquest to the west carribean in June 2009? Not talking about extra special last minute offers etc.... just what would folks consider a reasonable price without being ripped off?

IF there are cabins available, I would say $600-$1200 a person.

It's summer, school has just gotten out .. it's prime season!

Price vs value is subjective. what would a good budget be? Only you can answer that question. If you choose to cruise when school is out it will be more pricey unless of course a hurricane hits . We like to go in Sept or Oct . Prices are good and weather is usually great again , unless you get a hurricane , but then again we can get that at home.

Price will aso depend on what catagory you choose to sail. You can save money and go inside or you can go for broke with a penthouse suite. We prefer a balcony and hope for the call to get us an upgrade to a suite, however we could not alway afford a balcony and have gone on many a inside. We have not had a cruise we did not enjoy, but from these boards you will see that it will depnd a lot on YOUR attitude.

Just a general observation...

the cruises from Galveston seem to be a little higher (at least in the past) when comparing same size ship going to the same places.

I don't know why.

We also use the $100.00 per person per day rule. Usually do it for $70.00 a person for the cruise and taxes for an OV. We only get the past cruiser's discount...not the military or anything else....

Just a general observation...

the cruises from Galveston seem to be a little higher (at least in the past) when comparing same size ship going to the same places.

I don't know why.

We also use the $100.00 per person per day rule. Usually do it for $70.00 a person for the cruise and taxes for an OV. We only get the past cruiser's discount...not the military or anything else....

We shoot for $70 as well for an OV. OP is asking for realistic "regular good rates" so I did not bring up $40 OVs we got right after Ike! :D

We never find $100 a day prices for OV, let alone balcony. But we have limited ports and times we can cruise. This year we are down to $559pp 6E OV with this last price drop for a 5 day.

Pay whatever you can afford and you are happy with.

We also have very limited times we can cruise due to work, school and sports schedules. When we did the Glory cruise it came to just under $145pp per day. I am sure I could have gotten it to under $100 pp per day but I decided to go with the balcony.:D

We just did the Western Carribean Carnival Glory in April the week before Easter. That is the sister ship to the Conquest. We had a balcony cabin on the Lido deck, catagory 8G?? I think. 2 adults 2 kids for that cabin was $4058.00 including tips. Hope that helps, the rates should be about the same because the prices are usually more in the summer months and over holidays.

Maybe I did something crazy wrong, but my booking was $4,175 for two cabins (category 4F-inside with french doors to lifeboats), 4 people. I guess it would have been alot cheaper if I had just booked one cabin for the four of us, but I thought the kids would want their space as they are teenagers :rolleyes:. That was for an eight day cruise on the Miracle out of NYC.

We never find $100 a day prices for OV, let alone balcony. But we have limited ports and times we can cruise. This year we are down to $559pp 6E OV with this last price drop for a 5 day.

Pay whatever you can afford and you are happy with.

Are you using a TA or Carnival? Depending on time of year that's not bad but I've cruised for less in summer with a balcony. Shop around.

We also have very limited times we can cruise due to work, school and sports schedules. When we did the Glory cruise it came to just under $145pp per day. I am sure I could have gotten it to under $100 pp per day but I decided to go with the balcony.:D

We don't have many port options though. If we go it has to be new orleans, mobile or Galveston. We can do FL which is cheaper but that adds a day each way to our drive time. By the time I figure in more gas, 2 more hotels, food etc. It isn't cheaper to port out there.

That's great! Somehow I got a great deal on Glory last December for a solo. The price went way down and then I got an unexpected OBC for what they said was "group rate" only I wasn't with a group. 7 days solo with a balcony was under $800!!

Maybe I did something crazy wrong, but my booking was $4,175 for two cabins (category 4F-inside with french doors to lifeboats), 4 people. I guess it would have been alot cheaper if I had just booked one cabin for the four of us, but I thought the kids would want their space as they are teenagers :rolleyes:. That was for an eight day cruise on the Miracle out of NYC.

Should have said NY is always a bit more. When we lived in PIT, we would be happy to spend an extra $200 to sail from there for a week vs having to fly to Florida.

It will be interesting to see how the Baltimore prices pan out.

We booked a 6 day inside guaranttee Western Carribean for June 28 and paid $1200. We do not get a military or past guest discount ( I wish they would offer teacher discounts esp since North Carolina just took back 10 hours of pay from teachers: sorry, I rant) .

We looked and looked and that was the best we could find in our situation. It has now gone up almost $100 pp. I don't think we got a great deal, but compared to any other vacation for 6 days, this was a good deal. We are now just hoping for a visit from the upgrade fairy!

What time of year? NY is more expensive.

Archived