Carnival Miracle vs RCCL Explorer of the Seas with toddlers

Cruzluvin

Hi: I am planning a trip next summer on either Carnival Miracle or Explorer of the Seas. We would do the Eastern Carribean tour. It will be me, DH, and two toddlers (ages 3.5 and 1.5). Has anyone had experience on both ships and would like to share especially if you had small children with you? I have searched all over the boards and am having a hard time deciding on a ship. Thanks in Advance.

Check out both line's policies for the 1 1/2 year old, especially regarding pools...not every ship allows diapered kids to use the pools....some have "baby splash zones" for the diapered set--some don't! Same with the kid's clubs--RCI requires them to be 3 and potty-trained.

On both ships the 3.5 year old will have plenty to do, especially if he is potty trained.

On Carnival, they offer group babysitting for the 1.5 year old for a fee at times during the day and evening.

RCCL offers in cabin babysitting for a fee, plus Royal Babies and Tots which is a play time during the day, usually held in an empty lounge.

Neither ship offers a pool for non-potty trained children so you may want to bring a small blow up pool to use.

Archived