Thomson Destiny dress code

We are on the Destiny for 2 weeks from 18th June. This is our first cruise and we wondered what to pack. What is the dress code for dinner? Can casual wear/shorts be worn during the day? Basically has anyone any tips on which clothes to pack and any other essential items. Any advice will be gratefully received.:)

HI

We have just returned fron 18 wonderful nights aboard the destiny so Ithink I can help! . Dress code in in Seven Seas for dinner is definately smart/casual with the emphasis on smart . No shorts,jeans, or vest/sports tops, for men minimum polo shirt and trousers , Ladies , think smart going out wear. captains night is long frocks and dinner suits ,kilts . Breakfast and lunch is a bit more relaxed and shorts and t-shirts are allowed then . the LIDO restaurant has no dress code but is really just a selfservice cafe though food is still excellent. Definately pack all required toiletries /sun creams as shop is very limited on choice of toiletires and doesnt sell sun cream or aftersun ! Pack both a european and american adapter as some cabins ( like ours ) had a new european socket fitted but not all have .also a cardi /sweatshirt as it can get quite breezy on deck. You are truly in for a treat as staff on the whole ship were wonderful. anything else just ask:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi First Time Ever,

We are also on the Destiny for two weeks from 18 June so may see you there - although it is not one of the new superliners it is still a big boat!

EH has just about got it right with the advice, however, i would add that British dinner suits (ds) are generally wool and too hot for the climate and take up a lot of your weight allowance. After taking a ds for the first few cruises we were on, I now simply put on a tie and a very lightweight blazer for captain's night. A large number of cruisers even wear lounge suits. Simply if you have a ds and want to wear it feel free to do so, but, if not, please do not let it stop you from going to meet the senior crew and the gala dinner, - it is part of the tradition of cruising.

EH is right about the plugs, we have been on the Destiny twice before and had both US and euro sockets. If you are like me with so many cameras and a phone to charge an extension with several sockets is helpful.

Finally, i enjoy my late night cuppa and going from the tea station to the cabin while the ship is moving means a danger of spilling hot tea or, even worse, it going cold - try taking a thermos mug with a lid if you enjoy a cuppa in bed like me.

I do hope the weather is fine for you and safe cruising. Bon Voyage

Silver

Archived