Cigars

audraz2

If your husband enjoys a good cigar, while in Nassau, tell him to check out the Graycliff's cigar "factory".

It is a short walk from the pier and they have some good smokes.

(Plus any cigar lover will savor the way the aroma almost slams you when you walk in the door there)

http://www.graycliff.com/index.php?Itemid=1

Stopped there on all 3 cruises to Nassau and can't wait to go back in September.

Bill

Cigars are available from both the on board duty free shops and the Cigar bar.

You can buy cigars on board, but you will get better deals in the ports. Especially if you want Cuban cigars. The ships on have them since you can't bring them into the US.:D Plus you get to see the sights and shops in port when you buy in town.

You can buy cigars on board, but you will get better deals in the ports. Especially if you want Cuban cigars. The ships on have them since you can't bring them into the US.:D Plus you get to see the sights and shops in port when you buy in town.

I don't know about Grand Turk, but do NOT try to buy cuban cigars in Nassau.

There isn't an authorized seller there (LCDH store) and every little gift shop on Bay St. sells "authentic cuban cigars", which envariably are cheap, but also pure crap.

You'll get a better smoke at your local gas station with a cheap Dutch Master....

Needless to say HMC as a private Island won't have any cigar shops.

Bill

I'll echo what bguppies said on Cuban cigars in Nassau AND visiting the Graycliff factory. Great place. The old hotel is also worth a walk to see. The cigar factory is very accomodating and will take time to answer your questions. It's cool to watch them roll the cigars. Don't expect much of a price break though; you'll pay almost full retail for their cigars at the factory. Cool knowing you bought straight from the source though. Try the expresso if you like full bodied cigars. Very good! :)

That's good info on the cuban cigars as my brother-in-law has been begging me to bring some home on my next trip. Not worried about price as long as it's good quality.

Also does anyone know what the penalty would be for bringing cuban's state side?

Also does anyone know what the penalty would be for bringing cuban's state side?

They remove your hand... lol

It's a stiff fine and is like bringing in drugs... don't do it.

Cuban Assets Control Regulations, 31 C.F.R. Part 515, (Revised September 30, 2004) are administered and enforced by the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Criminal penalties for violation of the Regulations can go as high as $1 million for corporations, and $250,000 for individuals plus up to 10 years in prison. In addition, civil penalties of up to $65,000 per violation can be imposed by OFAC.

Archived