san pedro parking

spintowin

Does anyone know how much parking is at the pier? Thanks
Well, the last time I was there it was $12 / day. However, someone mentioned that parking at Long Beach was now $15 / day, and if so, then parking in San Pedro is likely to be around $15 / day also.

If I get a chance, I'll check it out over the weekend.

• 2 months later...

Is there a shuttle that we will need to catch when we get off the ship in order to get to our car? If so, does it run often and is it easy? We are trying to catch a rather early flight, so I want to make sure I have all the logistics down. Thanks!

I dont think there is a shuttle for San Pedro parking, I ve never seen it.

The parking lot is huge but right next tot he ship.

We sometimes just take our luggage to the car, or I wait with it at the curb and DH gets car and drives around.

Its an old lot but very easy to navigate.

And it was $12 last month when we were down there

Is there a shuttle that we will need to catch when we get off the ship in order to get to our car? If so, does it run often and is it easy? We are trying to catch a rather early flight, so I want to make sure I have all the logistics down. Thanks!

1) I was parked there for one week for a cruise I took in June. The rate was $84 for the week ($12 per day).

2) There are two parking lots ...

SanPedro.jpg

The parking lot to the right of the ship has a tram that will take people back and forth. The parking lot to the left of the ship does not. I don't know how often the tram runs because I have only parked (four times) in the lot to the left of the ship.

I hope you don't haved a really early flight. The cruiselines (and those of us who are Angelenos here) do not recommend booking a flight out of LAX earlier than 1pm. Yes, it's possible to make one if all of the stars are aligned (the ship docks on time, customs and immigration officers start on time, you are able to get into the first group getting off, there isn't a massive traffic jam on the 405, which could happen even on weekends), but unless there's a later flight you can catch, just in case you miss your scheduled one...

My hubby has used the tram in the lot (after he parked our car) but often he'll just walk back up. One thing you can do is leave the others in your party with the luggage at the berth, go down and get the car, drive up and pick up everybody. That may be easier than rushing your group (or else just significant other) while handling your luggage.

Thanks for the information. We have settled on a 12:45 flight (not as early as I was originally trying for) based on all the comments I have read here. Thanks for the aerial view! It helps to have a visual of where you are going.

If something goes horribly wrong, there are many more flights on Delta that afternoon that we could try for, so we feel comfortable with this time frame.

Archived