The Queen's Staircase

sail2thebay

The video didn't come out as good as I thought and I caught myself saying "Wow" a bunch of times:rolleyes:;) This was from my trip to the Bahamas last September...I want to go again! This video features the Queen's Staircase which was built out of coral and limestone. It was built in honor of Queen Victoria. The lady in the video was nice enough to give me a very good history lesson about the staircase. She was incredible. I wish I could remember her name:confused:

I cruised on Carnival Sensation. Wish I had more time on the island! Keep in mind, the staircase is very steep, so it's best to walk down it than up. The very nice gentleman taxi driver I had, was very good, for he dropped me off at the top. I had so much fun! Here is the youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7amo1t5DKQ

Thanks for posting! :)

Every shoot is a learning experience and sometimes it's hard to remember that the subject is speaking to an audience; not just you.

When shooting a guide, I usually ask them to identify themselves and the location. A tip is also a nice gesture. :cool:

Sounds like you had a great time in the Bahamas.

Thanks for the tips, Steve. I think I did ask her name, but probably forgot it. I will keep those things in mind next time. Very good advice. I also realize after I got back from my trip, that I had set my camera on the wrong setting for distance and when I viewed my other video clips from the cruise and seaworld, they were all blurry. I was bummed! The next cruise I am going on, is back to the Bahamas on Oct. 18th leaving from Norfolk. It's a Murder Mystery Cruise and I plan to video tape some of that as well. I will make sure the lighting and focus are correct!

I didn't get the chance last time to go to one of their beaches. I was thinking of doing the Atlantis Beach Day exchursion next time and was wondering if it includes the aquarium as well. It's a bit more expensive than the Discover Atlantis one, but I want to go to one of the beaches next time around. Any advice?

It's hard to go wrong in picking a beach in the Bahamas. I think most of the key beach scenes for the "Pirates" films were shot in the Bahamas Islands. I really like New Providence. Here's a little treat to wet your appetite..

:cool:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived