review zaandam 1 night cruise

seabourndt

i booked this 1 night cruise online as i am booked on the VOLENDAM in december.

due to my previous cruise on ncl not going to plan(i was charged twice!) i had no extra money to spend onboard. i found a couple of people going but never heard from them either before or on the cruise. i printed out the boarding pass for 1916 but a couple of days before found i had an upgrade to 2556 on deck 2 main deck. no sure if that is why i never heard from them or not.

EMBARKATION

i arrived at canada place just before 12noon, showed my boarding pass(think there was a trainee with the check in lady. strange i was not asked for a credit card! so onboard i went they said the cabins would not be ready till 1pm but was shown to it which was very nice. got the luggage very quickly.

CABIN

a lovely outside cabin, 2 single beds, lots of drawer space unlike ncl's STAR. wished they had cleaned the window as it was hard to see out. a bath(sort of) it was so small i could not cut my nails.safe,sofa. a bit dissapointed that there was no mini bar though. i had an inside cabin on ncl and had one but cannot have everything

DINING

went to the buffet on lido deck it was lovely and easy to find everything, glad to find swiss muesli there in the morning. for dinner went to rotterdam dining room it was so easy to get into, i know there were only 300 onboard

ENTERTAINMENT

only went to 1 show it was quite good but not as good as ones i've seen before

STEWARD

i never saw him, i had the luggage bit on both beds which were never taken away, after my bath my cabin was not done or towels taken away. i guess this is because of the short cruise. all i had for the morning was the disembarkation info given when i boarded nothing about what time breakfast was

SMOKING

it said you could smoke in the cabin but there was no ashtray so i guess not. dissapointed that there was nowhere inside to smoke cigars. there is an area on lido but it was so cold that night.

well all in all a lovely trip and am looking foreward to doing the VOLENDAM in december, a lovely ship

dave

Archived