Roof over Thelassotherapy Pool on Summit

DoniaG

All the photos on the Aqua Spa area on Summit show a glass roof over everything - including the T-pool. Is that a permanent fixture - or does it open when weather permits? Seems like it might get kinda hot in the Med in the summer.

And what does a day pass to the Persian Garden cost? I've searched the threads and found enough different answers to thoroughly confuse me. I'm not interested in a pass for the whole cruise - but might want to use it occasionally if the price isn't prohibitive.

Thanks for your help.

Donia

Permanent glass roof over T-pool. T-pool was VERY warm on trans-atlantic so I expect that under the warm Med sun in the height of summer, they could dial back the heater a bit. I do not know the price of Persian Garden, sorry. Marilyn

Thanks, Marilyn. I love the thelassotherapy pool warm, so that won't bother me at all. It can be hot tub temperature (which I've been told is NOT the proper way) and I'm happy as a clam. What I'm wondering is if the entire area isn't a bit like a hot, steamy greenhouse for tropical plants. I suspect that was wonderful on a TA, but might not be as wonderful in the Med in summer.

Donia

I was on a 23 day B2B on the Constellation. While the top does not slide open, some higher windows do open. There are two problems with this area. First, except for the fully padded lounges around the edge near the windows, the other chairs are not very comfortable for long. So people stake out those padded chairs and hog them all day.

Second, it's like a steam bath in there. Very humid!!! Too bad they don't ventilate it better. However, the healthier lunches are great.

I was on a 23 day B2B on the Constellation. While the top does not slide open, some higher windows do open. There are two problems with this area. First, except for the fully padded lounges around the edge near the windows, the other chairs are not very comfortable for long. So people stake out those padded chairs and hog them all day.

Second, it's like a steam bath in there. Very humid!!! Too bad they don't ventilate it better. However, the healthier lunches are great.

Thanks, fblack. I was afraid that was going to be the case. I love the T-pool, but may not be spending as much time there as I had planned. I don't need to go to the Mediterranean for a steam bath - I LIVE in one in south Louisiana! OR perhaps I can save myself the cost of using the Persian Garden by going there for brief visits.:D

Donia

Archived