Orlando airport gas station 3.99 a gallon

Wants2cruise

:mad: BUYER BEWARE

My DH and I flew out of the Orlando airport this morning. We filled our rental car prior to returning it to the rental agency. This ended up being a very expensive mistake. The name of the gas station to avoid at all cost is the Suncoast Energy which is north of the Orlando airport on Semoran Dr (426). Semoran Drive (426) turns into the North entrance to the airport after it is south of Hwy 528 (which is the toll road that runs east-west to the North of the airport).

Their cheapest gas at this station is 3.99 a gallon. There are no psted signs to inform you of the price per gallon. As my DH was filling the tank, I was noticing how fast the money was adding up. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the price per gallon. I went into the market to get a reciept to confirm in writing the price per gallon. Two days earlier, we paid $2.12 a gallon in Jacksonville and my DH noticed an Orlando gas station that had a posted price of $ 2.20 a gallon. We were so sorry when we realized that we had been had by a scalper.

We obviously didn't know that gas stations in Florida do not have to post their prices, so buyer beware. Please pass this information on to friends that live or travel in the Orlando area.

I will be filing a report with the Florida Attorney General, but I have no idea if it will do any good. I know that in the past, they have gone after gas stations for price gouging during hurricane evacuations. So hopefully they will investigate this practice.

:mad: BUYER BEWARE

My DH and I flew out of the Orlando airport this morning. We filled our rental car prior to returning it to the rental agency. This ended up being a very expensive mistake. The name of the gas station to avoid at all cost is the Suncoast Energy which is north of the Orlando airport on Semoran Dr (426). Semoran Drive (426) turns into the North entrance to the airport after it is south of Hwy 528 (which is the toll road that runs east-west to the North of the airport).

Their cheapest gas at this station is 3.99 a gallon. There are no psted signs to inform you of the price per gallon. As my DH was filling the tank, I was noticing how fast the money was adding up. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the price per gallon. I went into the market to get a reciept to confirm in writing the price per gallon. Two days earlier, we paid $2.12 a gallon in Jacksonville and my DH noticed an Orlando gas station that had a posted price of $ 2.20 a gallon. We were so sorry when we realized that we had been had by a scalper.

We obviously didn't know that gas stations in Florida do not have to post their prices, so buyer beware. Please pass this information on to friends that live or travel in the Orlando area.

I will be filing a report with the Florida Attorney General, but I have no idea if it will do any good. I know that in the past, they have gone after gas stations for price gouging during hurricane evacuations. So hopefully they will investigate this practice.

Save your ink. The prices are on the pump and many before you have fallen prey to this place.

Only during distaster would they be considered doing something wrong. Its a shame and only one place does it.

Just go to the next station or fill up at one exit before the airport.

Save your ink. The prices are on the pump and many before you have fallen prey to this place.

Only during distaster would they be considered doing something wrong. Its a shame and only one place does it.

Just go to the next station or fill up at one exit before the airport.

So why should I save my ink? I am trying to warn others of this scam, so they will know to not buy gas there. Isn't that what this board is all about, letting others know about good things and warn them about the bad.

I think this is where Preston meant save your ink not here. If the price is on the pump , then it is buyer beware!

The warning is appreciated.

So why should I save my ink? I am trying to warn others of this scam, so they will know to not buy gas there. Isn't that what this board is all about, letting others know about good things and warn them about the bad.

By all means let the world know I just wanted you to know they are not breaking the law.

I have seen this game at other airports. It usually is the last gas station available before the rental car return. People on business trips in a hurry or with the expense account re-imbursement are usually the ones who frequent such gas stations. Supply and demand. These stations do actually serve a purpose.

For others of us where money actually matters we have the option to drive somewhere else.

Buyer beware !

Archived