Which of the two formal nights...?

Nacwolin

I know you don't have to get super-dressed up for "formal" nights on Carnival, but I still like the idea of wearing a long gown one of the the two nights (cocktail dress the other night). And hey, I found my gown at Ross for $17, so why not :D?

Anyway, which of the two nights would you wear the gown? It's not super-fancy (spaghetti strap, but long). I am leaning toward the first night and saving the cocktail dress for the second formal night.

(Hubby will wear a suit each night.)

Any thoughts/experiences concerning this?

Thanks!

I think most people dress up more on the first formal night than the second. I think the first one is where you get to meet the captain, so I guess thats why more people dress up on this night. And a $17 gown is a great deal!!!

Carnival no longer has a Formal night, instead they are calling it Cruise Elegant. This is so that folks who do not want to haul a tux or suit on vacation can go to the dinning room in nice slacks and shirts instead.

We just got off the Freedom yesterday and there were two Cruise Elegant nights. I typically wear khaki slacks and a button down shirt everynight (We dont pack the tux or gowns any more) and that was fine, pants suit for my wife seems to do the trick too.

Remember, this is Carnival - you will see the guy with the tank top and barefoot in the dinning room everynight. Nobody enforces the dress rules and probably never will. I saw a man in a tux at one table sitting across from a guy with a ripped t-shirt and cut off shorts.

Thanks for the replies, folks. I will wear the gown on the first "Cruise Elegant" night.

(And I know it is no longer required, but I still think dressing up like that is kind of fun ;). Maybe after I've been on a dozen or more cruises, I will change my mind :D.)

Archived