Info required on Miami Immigration please

julieh

Have spoken to a few Brits just returned from the Sun and they gave me horrendous tales of long wait times for immigration at Miami Airport. As we fly in there on 28th December again to join the Sun I am hoping this has improved as I don't fancy a 2.5 hour wait after a transatlantic flight

Can anyone update me on the latest position please?

Julie

Hi Julieh

I am flying into Miami from Heathrow on 21st December to board the Sun Princess on 22nd December. This sounds awful, I have experienced Miami years ago and it was a very unpleasant experience then that I am not keen to repeat. I had hoped things might have improved, but sounds like I am wrong! I too would be interested in anyone's comments.

Cheryl

hi julieh & english rose

My wife & I were in miami in October prior to sailing on the CB & were fearing the worse with the introduction of the photos & fingerprinting. What a pleasant supprise we had! The officer was very pleasant and the whole thing was quite quick with none of the long delays and rude staff that we had experienced in the past. Let hope its was not a 'one off'!

Regards

Richardj

Hi,

We have just returned from the dawn princess and while there was quite a queue for the immigration they did keep opening other desks so we didn't have to wait too long, I would say about 10-15mins tops. They were quite pleasant and it was painless.

I would say it was more of a pain queuing at Heathrow to get through to departure gates, long queue but again it took 20 min max.

Regards, Lisa

Thanks so much for the replies it has given us some hope. Perhaps there had been some security alerts in the past which had caused these problems - lets hope so!

Cheryl have a great cruise I guess we will be getting on as you get off.

Julie

we have just come back from the Star and miami was awful, we arrived on a Saturday with at least 3 other jumbos and it was bad, even when we got through immigration we had to wait for luggage and then we had to wait another hour for enough Princess people to fill a coach, so 2 hours after we landed we were still waiting. We flew AA and the check in for :) flight back was as bad, we arrived at Miami at 10.00 and it was after 11.30 when we got through, just hope you are flying BA, though I must say the extra leg room in AA is fantastic. No matter what the efficiency at Princess is fantastic, have a wonderful cruise:)

Sue - yes we are flying BA, not sure about the arrival time yet - STILL waiting for tickets even though its only 12 days to go! Hope you enjoyed the Star Princess and had a good holiday.

Julie - I will give you a wave as I leave, hope you enjoy your cruise too. When we disembark we are staying in Fort Lauderdale until 2nd Jan, so we'll see you leaving port - we'll raise our glasses as you float by!!!

Cheryl

We got our tickets through 2 days ago (8th) so you should have had yours by now. Let me know what christmas is like on the ship as we are booked on the Sea Princess next christmas. We are also sailing out of Southampton on the Sea in May 05. Happy sailing!

kind regards

Julie

Archived