Carnival bar questions

tef43

Ok, being that I drink my rum straight, I couldn't help out our friends who are considering a Carnival cruise.

Q1 - Mojitos, do they use the fresh mint leaves and lime wedges, or just that gawdawful mixer?

Q2 - Dark 'n Stormy, can they even make this drink correctly? It requires ginger beer, and substituting ginger ale (Canada Dry, Seagrams, Schweppes, etc) just doesn't cut it.

TIA peeps!

Ok, being that I drink my rum straight, I couldn't help out our friends who are considering a Carnival cruise.

Q1 - Mojitos, do they use the fresh mint leaves and lime wedges, or just that gawdawful mixer?

Q2 - Dark 'n Stormy, can they even make this drink correctly? It requires ginger beer, and substituting ginger ale (Canada Dry, Seagrams, Schweppes, etc) just doesn't cut it.

TIA peeps!

No idea about the Dark 'n Stormy but they probably can't make it as I've never seen Ginger Beer on a Carnival ship.

The Mojitos are properly made with fresh mint and fresh cut lime and are generally VERY good!!! They were stunning on the Splendor!!!

This was taken on the Splendor... the name of the bar is 'El Mojito'... ;)

IMG_2288.jpg

Mach,

Thanks, good to know so they are properly warned.

Seems odd though about the ginger beer. It's very popular in the Caribbean. May be time for a comment card or two or ten.

No idea about the Dark 'n Stormy but they probably can't make it as I've never seen Ginger Beer on a Carnival ship.

The Mojitos are properly made with fresh mint and fresh cut lime and are generally VERY good!!! They were stunning on the Splendor!!!

This was taken on the Splendor... the name of the bar is 'El Mojito'... ;)

IMG_2288.jpg

last yr. on our cruise to mexico on the ''ecstacy'',they had a separate bar set up on the lido deck 1 day dedicated for mojitos. i watched the guy make this labor intensive drink and he was awesome! bruising the mint,fresh lime and a nice portion of liquor.1 of the best mojitos ive had!!

last yr. on our cruise to mexico on the ''ecstacy'',they had a separate bar set up on the lido deck 1 day dedicated for mojitos. i watched the guy make this labor intensive drink and he was awesome! bruising the mint,fresh lime and a nice portion of liquor.1 of the best mojitos ive had!!

I can honestly say that I've never had a bad drink on a Carnival ship... not one.

Hehehehe... I wonder how long it's gonna take someone to protest and tell me I'm a cheerleader again... ;)

Since Ginger Beer is non-alcoholic, you could buy it on the islands and bring it back on board. Just mix them up in your rooms.
If it were me, that would be my plan. I'll suggest it, anyone know if a rum runner flask would survive overproof rum, not talking about the wimpy 151^ stuff here, but *real* rum.

If it were me, that would be my plan. I'll suggest it, anyone know if a rum runner flask would survive overproof rum, not talking about the wimpy 151^ stuff here, but *real* rum.

I put everclear in a RumRunner and it didn't phase it in the least.

I talked to one guy who said he ran out of gas and the only thing he had to put gas in was a 32 oz RumRunner and it survived the gas!!! Probably not so good for rum after that...

;)

Don't ya' love overproof rum? No wonder Jamaica is the land of 'no problem, mon...'

:D

Don't ya' love overproof rum? No wonder Jamaica is the land of 'no problem, mon...'

My personal favorite is Jack Iron.

The overproof that Windjammer used to use to concoct their almost-lethal rum swizzles wasn't bad either.

Archived