ocho rios margaritaville vs bamboo beach

pawsue521

we're tryin to decide what to do in ocho rios. should we walk straight to margaritaville? we've never been there but hear it's got a pool, beach and terrific margaritas. or should we do carnival's bamboo beach club excursion? we need advice please from someone who's done both!!

When we were on freedom in march we pre-booked the bamboo beach club only to find out on board that the excursion was canceled. We ended up going to margaritaville. It's a good spot for a drink and some lunch but the beach isn't very big and the pool is small. We were disappointed that the excursion was cancelled especially since there were two groups going to the beach club and only our time was canceled. They played a video of the club on the tv in our room and it looked like it was a very fun time. If you're looking for a beach I would take the beach club over magaritaville.

My husband and I did the Bamboo Beach about 1 1/2 years ago. We loved it. The only thing we didn't like was the swimming area. I understand they have moved to a better beach with better swimming. The service, music, dancing, food and drinks was great! My dgt and I are looking to do this again in a few weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I just got back last weekend cruised on the Carnival Triumph. We did the bamboo beach club excursion. You are brought there by small buses and are assigned 2 hostesses who make sure you have plenty of food and drink while you are there. They is also a band, dj and dancers to entertain you. The water was clear and warm. We had a great time with no hassels it is a gated area with 2 guards.

Archived