Thomson Spirit - dress code

Hello first time cruiser here, going in 2 weeks on the Spirit around the Baltics. Are smart jeans acceptable for nights in the entertainment rooms and the restaurants. I believe the Compass Rose and Siroccos have a smarter dress code and require smart trousers. Jeans are just so comfortable and adaptable, but is not really clear if these will be allowed in the Lido etc.

Smart or dress jeans would be OK in the Lido but for the restaurant chinos and a button shirt would fit the smart casual code better. On captains night its dinner jackets or smart suits in the restaurant but there is the alternative of the Lido if you want to stick with smart casual.

In two Thomsons cruises I have only seen one football top and never any tracksuit bottoms, if you want to play at being posh or snobby go P&O!.

ps and only one rumoured drunk one night.

In answer to your question, which I thought was a perfectly acceptable one. Yes, you can wear jeans in the Lido restaurant and entertainment rooms without any problems. As long as you're comfortable on YOUR holiday.

I've travelled on the Spirit and Celebration and many other cruise lines.

I'm new to this forum myself, recommended by a friend. May think twice though, not that keen on people who pigeon hole others.

Have a great cruise, I'm sailing on the spirit again soon. Happy days.

Hello

We are also going on Spirit on 23rd May (is that your date?). We are age 30ish. My OH will be wearing smart jeans with shoes and shirt. (he will dress up more for formal night) everyone I have spoke to said that it will be fine. We cant afford to buy a new wardrobe for the trip - thats why we chose Thompsons as was told more laid back/casual.

Enjoy your hols.xxxx

Hi helen.

Yes we are going on the 23rd from Port of Tyne we live in Newcastle so really handy - I am 35 and my boyfriend is 43 just booked this for something different but was a bit concerned he was going to wear!!!!!! Will look about for you. See you soon.

Surprisingly, we cruised round the Caribbean on RCI Mariner last year and found it far more casual than Thomson Destiny this year. The formal night on Thomson Destiny was lovely, most men in DJs and women in cocktail dresses and even a couple of ball gowns! :)The most laid back cruise line we've been on was Ocean Village where jeans are acceptable everywhere and there is no formal night.:( Thomson has the best of both worlds in terms of eating - the Lido for people who want a casual holiday and the main restaurant for people who like to dress up. Apart from the formal night where we like to dress up, my husband wears casual trousers and an open neck shirt and I wear summer dresses with pashminas - we have never felt out of place. You will have a fabulous time whatever you choose to wear - enjoy!:)

Hia Superg74

We live about 2 hours away so not too far to travel.

I plan to dress smartish of an evening. OH smart jeans/trousers, shirt and shoes. I will wear trousers/skirt/shoes etc. We will bring fancy stuff for the formal night (suit and dress).

Looking forward to it.xxxx

As I have said on another thread, you will not be out of place if you wear a simple suit on formal nights and a collared shirt on other nights in the main restaurants. Yes, there will be people in jeans and t shirts trying to make a point, just as there will be snobs who insist on wearing a jacket and tie throughout the cruise but these will be in the minority. Loosen up and enjoy yourself – you're on holiday!

Archived