Disembarkation routine...?

If someone can point me to a previous thread that answers this, that'd be great...

On our last day (aboard Sapphire Princess), we get in to Whittier just after midnight. We have a Princess transfer to Anchorage and a 5:30 p.m. (something) flight. Can someone tell me what that day will look like? Will there be much time between when we have to disembark the ship and meet our transfer? Any idea about what time will our transfer leave for Anchorage? Will we eat breakfast on the ship? Lunch?

Also with the transfer, I assume we'll have our luggage with us (same bus?), and will check it through at the airport just like normal, is that right? I mean I know we leave it out the night before - but then do we pick it up again before the transfer?

Thanks!!

Disembarkation begins early in the morning (not at midnight!) and you can have breakfast on the ship, but that's the end of it. Most people are off by 10:00 or so - I think most of the bus transfers leave shortly before 10 anyway because of the times when vehicular traffic can use the tunnel. We're using a bus transfer (non Princess) that leaves at 9:45 and I saw most other bus transfers were the same. You'll get your luggage in the morning (not sure about how it works in Whittier with the Princess transfer, but on our last Princess cruise I remember disembarking, getting the luggage and then proceeding to our princess transfer - which was a boat, since we were in Venice!) and it will be with you on the bus and beyond.

Debarkation will start about 7am and be done by about 10am.

You will get specifics a couple of days before the end of the cruise. You will have breakfast in the morning, although the hours will be shortened.

When you disembark, you will go straight to the transfer which will take you wo the airport. I don't know how far it is to the airport, but you will probably have more time than you want there.

Archived