Westshore Hotel Tampa...

TortieGal

Anybody have experience with this hotel? Am pulling up a rate of $59 and the website says it provides complimentary shuttle from airport. That would just leave a cab to the port and cab back to the airport. Is this a good rate given the cab fares we would need?

Mom is getting in earlier in the day than me...I won't be in until 7pm. We wouldn't be looking to do anything with the exception of possibly looking for some place to get soda/water to carry on board.

Have checked out many of the cruise packages and am just overwhelmed!

TIA!

----

Update...just saw some reviews. Am thinking not a good idea!

It's a dump, and unsafe. We stayed with a bunch of others last year that were in the same cruise with us and met in CC. The hotel is very dark, and no security, anyone can get to you or your room with no problem. Also the Green Iguana restaurant is on the property and stays open until 2:00 a.m. The party them continues in the parking lot or in the garden area of the hotel. If you get a room over the restaurant, enjoy the music.

We just returned from a cruise and we stayed at the Embessy suites a block away. I was very happy.

Bob

Here you go, Take your pick of hotels. The Westshore is OK at best. There are too many nice hotels in that area.

http://www.visittampabay.com/static/index.cfm?action=group&contentID=851

Mark

Has anyone stayed there and left their car during the cruise lately? My husband wants to make sure it's a save place for our car :) while we are on the cruise and still be there when we return. Does the Howard Johnson have a Parking garage ?

Archived