Anyone done Nativeway's Stingray and Island tour?

Sky616

It will be my wife and 8 yr old son. We are looking for a trip to the stingrays only. No snorkeling. My son is not a good swimmer and is scared to go snorkeling. He wants to see the rays and I told him it is shallow enough there he can touch. I was there in '03. So this tour seems perfect with the stingrays and then seeing the island. Anyone done this and can you remember how long you were at each place? Thanks.

It will be my wife and 8 yr old son. We are looking for a trip to the stingrays only. No snorkeling. My son is not a good swimmer and is scared to go snorkeling. He wants to see the rays and I told him it is shallow enough there he can touch. I was there in '03. So this tour seems perfect with the stingrays and then seeing the island. Anyone done this and can you remember how long you were at each place? Thanks.

Did you mean that you did the stingray thing in 03? We did this -without the city tour though- and it was one of the best things I've ever done on a cruise and my daughter was about the same age. I can't remember the company but it was not through the cruiseline- we had much less people than Carnival had. Although- if he doesn't like snorkleling-he may be afraid of the stingrays-they are definitely intimidating at first- very gentle and love to be fed but they are about the size of a pub table if not bigger!

Beautiful animals! They put a light life jacket on you if you want- it makes it much easier- we snorkeled too- I thought it was the same area- but we may have moved- I can't remember. You can touch the bottom- where we were. Really cool to be in the middle of the ocean and touch! If he gets scared- he can get back on the boat and watch the others and still be able to see them.

If I didn't have a 1.5 year old - we would do it again this time- but will probably go to Rum point or 7 mile.

We did this in April 2006. My memory was that the island tour was just over half of the time - we saw part of the turtle farm, the run cake factory, and hell. We then went to the marina and took the boat out to the stingray sand bar. DD found the island tour boring at times but loved the stingrays (She was 11).

We did the tour w/Nativeways & they were great. We went to Stingray City & yes, they are intimidating at first. They are BIG & they swim right up to you. Once I got over the squishy part, it was a highlight. We then went to a reef to snorkle & you never know, he may want to try it. We saw LOTS of fish. Then they called in our lunch order & it was waiting at Rum Point when we got there, a little time to walk around or swim & then back to the ship. Way better than the ship's tour. They picked us up at the pier, drove to a yacht club & off we went, got to STingray city before the ship tours, we were back to the ship in plenty of time.

Yes--we took this several years ago. It was one of the BEST independent tours we had ever been on. The driver picked us up in his van. So, we were totally a private/solo tour. After a trip around the local sight, including HELL, the Tortuga Rum Cake Factory, and the Turtle Farm, he dropped us off at the marina for the Rays portion of the tour.

We boarded a boat, and again were solo (our family of 4 plus my parents). We traveled WAAAAAY offshore, them anchored on the Ray Reef, and were imemdiately surrounded by the rays. It as amazing!!!! My DS, who was 6 at the time, could totally stand in the water without fear of being swept away or falling over.

And, the most amazing part was that were were literally in the middle of the ocean, yet could stand. The water was oh-so-clear, and you could see your feet. Insane!

As we left, we couldn't help but notice the nearby ship's tour boats who pulled up, BRIMMING with passengers. Sardines, more like it!

A FABULOUS day w/Nativeway.

CeleBrat

Archived